Performance shops in Indian River/St Lucie county Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I’m in Vero Beach and looking for a motor head shop that can do modifications to Chevy trucks. Local dealer is ok but they have multiple employees so it can be luck of the draw.

Not looking for the cheapest option but a shop that does quality work on exhaust and engine work. In the past I had some great mechanics but I haven’t had the need for performance work in last decade or so and this area has grown so much.

I have used Mid Coast Tire in Vero for tires and they do exhaust according to their website. Formula One has done some custom work like power assist running boards and I think they are great for this accessory stuff but not sure how they do for performance work.

Any suggestions especially for engine and exhaust for Treasure Coast area?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down in Stuart are CTM Customs and Extreme Performance. In Port Saint Lucie there is Poston's Performance. Poston's has done exhaust work for me twice and we've used CTM Customs for tie rods and tire installation on our lifted truck before. No complaints with any of them. I also have a mobile guy who I hire to work on car projects with me at home here. Oh, also in Port Saint Lucie is an exhaust shop that did the straight pipe on my lifted pickup called A Muffler Shop, good guy.

Pressureangle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in Vero Beach and looking for a motor head shop that can do modifications to Chevy trucks. Local dealer is ok but they have multiple employees so it can be luck of the draw.

Not looking for the cheapest option but a shop that does quality work on exhaust and engine work. In the past I had some great mechanics but I haven’t had the need for performance work in last decade or so and this area has grown so much.

I have used Mid Coast Tire in Vero for tires and they do exhaust according to their website. Formula One has done some custom work like power assist running boards and I think they are great for this accessory stuff but not sure how they do for performance work.

Any suggestions especially for engine and exhaust for Treasure Coast area?
Unfortunately, the performance herd is thinning. I don't know of any 'regular' hot rod shops that do modern stuff, save the one super high-end shop in the back of the Rio commerce park- they don't advertise and their name is not on google maps. Marty at The Auto Clinic is probably the guy to call, old circle track guy who knows everyone. He's in Rio also.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the performance herd is thinning. I don't know of any 'regular' hot rod shops that do modern stuff, save the one super high-end shop in the back of the Rio commerce park- they don't advertise and their name is not on google maps. Marty at The Auto Clinic is probably the guy to call, old circle track guy who knows everyone. He's in Rio also.
Forgot about that guy, driven by their shop but never did business with them. While trying to help out the OP, I learned that the Custom Truck Shop on Village Green Drive is no more. They treated me right.

My mobile mechanic parked his toolbox over at All Roads Truck & Auto Repair in Port Saint Lucie I learned tonight after dinner. They do Jeep customizations and work on trucks as well. He's been working on Duramax's, engine and suspension mods.

Do you race? We'll be running our trucks in Orlando when the weather cools. It's been a while since we had a meetup with the fellas on here.

Pressureangle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgot about that guy, driven by their shop but never did business with them. While trying to help out the OP, I learned that the Custom Truck Shop on Village Green Drive is no more. They treated me right.

My mobile mechanic parked his toolbox over at All Roads Truck & Auto Repair in Port Saint Lucie I learned tonight after dinner. They do Jeep customizations and work on trucks as well. He's been working on Duramax's, engine and suspension mods.

Do you race? We'll be running our trucks in Orlando when the weather cools. It's been a while since we had a meetup with the fellas on here.
No, any antics are on 2 wheels. I live across from Langford Park.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, any antics are on 2 wheels. I live across from Langford Park.

Nice area. Have friends over that way. Ever done business with Mrs. Peters Smokehouse? My wife and I like to dine once in a while at the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House. Francis Langford used to own that if memory serves. My maternal grandfather liked it so much he used to drive up from Hollywood in the 1950s and 1960s to dine there.

Pressureangle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice area. Have friends over that way. Ever done business with Mrs. Peters Smokehouse? My wife and I like to dine once in a while at the Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House. Francis Langford used to own that if memory serves. My maternal grandfather liked it so much he used to drive up from Hollywood in the 1950s and 1960s to dine there.
Mrs. Peters is a staple. Dolphin bar, not so much. Food quality has followed the customer demographic- aged out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3