Pioneer avh-4200

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i will be doing the bypass, just wondering if a 4 pin relay will work the same as a 5 pin relay, the 4200 has an sd slot, navigation port, and i wanna say it has the slide effect like the iphone and the ipod interfaces are better and the 4200 has RDS, nick you should check on ebay and other places for the harnesses, i know ive seen the steering wheel interface for $40 on ebay and the gmos goes for about $60

Nick

Resident Grill-Man
Reaction score
yes i will be doing the bypass, just wondering if a 4 pin relay will work the same as a 5 pin relay, the 4200 has an sd slot, navigation port, and i wanna say it has the slide effect like the iphone and the ipod interfaces are better and the 4200 has RDS, nick you should check on ebay and other places for the harnesses, i know ive seen the steering wheel interface for $40 on ebay and the gmos goes for about $60

Well I already have both parts, and thats about what I paid for them, just saying what they were retail:ehcapt:

Nick

Resident Grill-Man
Reaction score
****** radar detector hardwire

EDIT: oh that, back up camera screen?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need for that extra screen if you are getting the 4200, just buy a rearview camera

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the p-4200 installed last week and so far i am loving it. it is better than the p5100 i had in it before it was stolen. everything is crystal clear and the only problem im having is when i switch to usb to connect my external hard drive it takes like 2-3mins to read everything on it before it starts to play. it probably due to the fact that its gotta read through 80gb of music. overall the hu is great. there's a guy on youtube who did a 5-6video review of it. check it out.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah from my understanding the more files you have on the devices the longer it takes to read, but hey 2-3 mins aint bad for 80gb of media, oh yeah and another guy on youtube tried out a 1tb hdd and it worked

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what! 1tb. my buddy tried that before on another hu he had and it didnt work. you got a link to that vid, cause thats what i wanna use.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant find the video but it probably was removed bc he was showing some ****, but the 1tb hdd was not fully loaded but it read it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tedbud