Planning on replacing tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Re-read all your post(s). For me the tool doesn't make sense unless I own a shop and am being paid to sync sensors all day. Called my local chevy dealer and they'll sync em "free just bring the truck in with the wheels mounted." Now that doesn't mean they wont slice up my CV axle boots or change my alignment in the process..however they quoted me free.

My advise to anyone reading this contemplating buying the tool - So long as the model sensor is compatible with the vehicle monitor you can likely have the service performed free of charge or at worst case a small fee much less then purchasing the damn tool.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 tpms this morning. Put computer in learn setting using sun lit comets instructions- with switch on turn lights on 4 times in 4 seconds. Instead of letting air out of tires I used the kent moore relearn tool. Lf, rf, rr, lr. Horn honked after learning each sensor. After driving down the road, all sensors worked correctly except for LR which read 0. I completed the process 3 times with same result. Any suggestions ? Anybody? Especially Sun Lit Comet?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 tpms this morning. Put computer in learn setting using sun lit comets instructions- with switch on turn lights on 4 times in 4 seconds. Instead of letting air out of tires I used the kent moore relearn tool. Lf, rf, rr, lr. Horn honked after learning each sensor. After driving down the road, all sensors worked correctly except for LR which read 0. I completed the process 3 times with same result. Any suggestions ? Anybody? Especially Sun Lit Comet?

Yeah. Move the LR tire to a new position and see if it follows the tire or the LR position.

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm. i have never done it before. i guess id suspect a faulty sensor that is capable of being "learned" but is incapable of transmitting or reading the pressure value. is u buy these from a vendor? perhaps they would exchange one.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmmmmm. i have never done it before. i guess id suspect a faulty sensor that is capable of being "learned" but is incapable of transmitting or reading the pressure value. is u buy these from a vendor? perhaps they would exchange one.
No, bought from gm dealer online. Van Chevrolet maybe?
Are there vendors on this site that sell oem Chevrolet parts? If so, I would like to support them. This forum has been so helpful.
Before I started changing parts, I wonder if I used the correct " learn" procedure. I found several threads using this method before letting air out of the tires, but couldn't find anything about using this tool. I guess nobody thought a person would buy this tool without having sense enough to use it.
Thanks for replies.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. Haven't gone back into it yet. Since other 3 are working it got pushed to the side for now. I'll let y'all know when I get back on it.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can imagine you try the calibration again when you do get back to it. This time around try letting air in/out instead of using the calibration tool and see if this resolves the problem. If not, as I mentioned before; move the LR tire to another position and see if it follows the tire sensor or remains with the LR position on the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa