Planning on replacing tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very good info. That's what I was looking for. Thanks again VikingTrad3r.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received my tpms activation tool. Now just waiting for 4 brand new tpm sensors to arrive so I can try my new tool out. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks jr. i might go for it if it works for you. im already annoyed by the tpms warning on my dash. i decided to cheap out on the sensors and didnt put new ones in on my winters.

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's the tool? A magnet? Just airing up or down not working?
Vikingtrader posted a link to Amazon that has a pic of the tpms activation tool. As for the mechanics of it, idk, from what everyone says once you've installed sensors you place tool on sidewall of tire right next to sensor and press the re-learn button, which synchs new sensor to the computer. I'm waiting on my bead seater to come in (next week sometime) before I tackle the job. I'll report back when done. Apparently lowering air pressure procedure only works after rotating tires (with existing sensors). New sensors must be synched.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd have to imagine you could bring you vehicle into the dealer for rotate and they would perform this free.. or maybe they would just perform for a small fee? Very slick though.

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd have to imagine you could bring you vehicle into the dealer for rotate and they would perform this free.. or maybe they would just perform for a small fee? Very slick though.

its for adding a brand new sensor, or, all 4 if you own two sets of wheels. not for swapping positions. that you can do for free by yourself and is documented on this forum.

beenchevy, any luck with the tool?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its for adding a brand new sensor, or, all 4 if you own two sets of wheels. not for swapping positions. that you can do for free by yourself and is documented on this forum.

beenchevy, any luck with the tool?

Yeah I caught the just of that - thanks. Just not comprehending the cost/value whereas you bring even your aftermarket sensors pre-installed up to GM/Chevy or anyone with the tool and flash them for free or next to nothing. I must be missing something here.

Interested though because I have a set of working sensors from an 05 escalade sitting in front of me that match my stock sensors P/N and a new set of tires/rims on truck (A) currently w/o sensors. Also have a set of GM stocks with an additional set of sensors (not from my vehicle) and looking to remove the sensors from my previous stocks and place into a buddies aftermarket wheels. It'd be non-sense to swap back and forth due to a sync issue. Does one NEED a special tool ONLY for the aftermarket sensors? Do ALL sensors require being synced to all vehicles outside of airing up/down??

OP
OP
JR79

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Viking. Maybe if beenchevy read post #3, it might clear things up a bit...... Anyway, finally got all the parts and tools in. I intend on having tpms installed by this weekend. I will report back on my progress.

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I caught the just of that - thanks. Just not comprehending the cost/value whereas you bring even your aftermarket sensors pre-installed up to GM/Chevy or anyone with the tool and flash them for free or next to nothing. I must be missing something here.

Interested though because I have a set of working sensors from an 05 escalade sitting in front of me that match my stock sensors P/N and a new set of tires/rims on truck (A) currently w/o sensors. Also have a set of GM stocks with an additional set of sensors (not from my vehicle) and looking to remove the sensors from my previous stocks and place into a buddies aftermarket wheels. It'd be non-sense to swap back and forth due to a sync issue. Does one NEED a special tool ONLY for the aftermarket sensors? Do ALL sensors require being synced to all vehicles outside of airing up/down??
from what my own research found, yes, need tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES