Police Style Spotlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
What in the hell are you talking about!? All Crown Vics, Impalas and Chargers have spotlights. They DO NOT alter the structural integrity of the A-pillar or the vehicle itself!!!!!! Where did you get this false info? I have seen many frontal wrecked Crown Vics and NONE and I mean NONE had any buckling in that area. So get your **** right before you post false info my friend.

how about the fact that I not only got it from a sherrif him self but also at another forum posted by a police officer. Also its structural integrity in case of a roll over, and yes its basic science, remove chunk from structure, structure get weaker, Thats why When we knock a big hole in the wall for french doors, we have to build massive headers to support the huge chunk of house we took out.

also you seemed to have missed the key word in my post "new" crown vics are not made anymore, chargers were bought two years ago, same with impalas.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

take a look at post 10.

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=1042&hl=police+spotlight

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bottom line, new police cars are still equipped with spotlights in the A pillar

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
how about the fact that I not only got it from a sherrif him self but also at another forum posted by a police officer. Also its structural integrity in case of a roll over, and yes its basic science, remove chunk from structure, structure get weaker, Thats why When we knock a big hole in the wall for french doors, we have to build massive headers to support the huge chunk of house we took out.

also you seemed to have missed the key word in my post "new" crown vics are not made anymore, chargers were bought two years ago, same with impalas.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

take a look at post 10.

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=1042&hl=police+spotlight

You said it, hes a SHERIFF!!!!! He goes by the information that is told to him by other people that might not have accurate information. That is how rumors are spread son. The last thing he will probably know is anything about his fleet or the in depth mechanical know-how of his fleet. CVPI's will still be made until 2011 my friend. Again, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! Here, read this, its on http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31418

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 13, 2009 – Ford Motor Company announced today it will produce an all-new purpose-built Police Interceptor specially designed and engineered to replace the Ford Crown Victoria law enforcement vehicle lineup in 2011.

The new Ford Police Interceptor is being developed in conjunction with Ford’s Police Advisory Board, which provided input during the past 14 months on key vehicle attributes, such as safety, performance, durability, driver convenience and comfort. The new Police Interceptor will be offered without interruption when production of the Ford Crown Victoria ends in late 2011.

Nuff said!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
You said it, hes a SHERIFF!!!!! He goes by the information that is told to him by other people that might not have accurate information. That is how rumors are spread son. The last thing he will probably know is anything about his fleet or the in depth mechanical know-how of his fleet. CVPI's will still be made until 2011 my friend. Again, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! Here, read this, its on http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31418

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 13, 2009 – Ford Motor Company announced today it will produce an all-new purpose-built Police Interceptor specially designed and engineered to replace the Ford Crown Victoria law enforcement vehicle lineup in 2011.

The new Ford Police Interceptor is being developed in conjunction with Ford’s Police Advisory Board, which provided input during the past 14 months on key vehicle attributes, such as safety, performance, durability, driver convenience and comfort. The new Police Interceptor will be offered without interruption when production of the Ford Crown Victoria ends in late 2011.

Nuff said!

Yea the guy put in charge to order the cars has no idea, right? :rolleyes:

Still wouldnt have one.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
most times they (fleet) really dont. why are you still arguing this? the cvpi is still going to made next year and they will still come with spotlights. just b/c 1 sheriff said HIS agency isnt going to use them doesnt warrant a blanket statement saying that all police cars arent allowed to put spotlights in the A pillar anymore.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
... Woah .. Ha. Ok chill out guys. Any answer to my question? On the picture I posted. Otherwise take it to another thread ok?

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
derailed.jpg

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score

Nuff said!

Dude, get a grip. Not like he called you a **** or something. In his area, they don't do that anymore on patrol vehicles. Maybe he generalized the info based on what he was told, but I've seen several departments that use the roof-mount, so there must be a reason for that. Our dept. still uses the A-pillar design. Not that big of a deal. You can both be right.

:rolleyes:

BTW: Read the article you posted. It says nothing of the specifics of anything, let alone where the spotlight will go. All it really says is that Ford will continue to build a purpose-built police interceptor. Before accusing anyone of getting their facts straight, you might want to come up with some better support for your own self-righteousness.

/End lesson

As you were.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo