Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Louis, my 20098 Yukon just started doing the opposite. It opens 1/3 of the way and then closes. If I use manual opening, it won't stay open and it slams down. Sounds like you've seen this before? I have an appointment with my GMC dealer tomorrow. Do you have anything in mind that I should share with them? I have printed out the GMC "Condition/Concern" listed earlier in this thread.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, Please let us know what the dealer explains is the problem.

Jennifer T, GM Customer Care Service

Brock

Reaction score
Mine does exactly the same as h89bogez!!! And I ain't going to the dealer! Sounds like bad struts, they both just failed at the same time??? My neighbor works for Stabilus, I'l ask him for replacements. I will report back.

JBTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JBTahoe

My 07 Tahoe LTZ power liftgate starts to open, gets about half way, then abruptly reverses direction and closes? Appears I have the same problem as Chris earlier. Chris, did you replace the struts yourself, or the dealer? If dealer what was the cost? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Chris,

Did the new struts solve your problem? From your description I have the same problem. Did you replace the struts, or the dealer? If the dealer, how much did they charge you?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Brock

Reaction score
Ordered struts, will be in next week...

h89bogez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. Yes the dealer installed them for about $300. So the parts probably cost $10. Solved the problem immediately and no other problems in the 2 months since.

JBTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brock where did you order your struts from? Im having some difficulty finding them.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered struts on eBay they were too weak for the gate. Paid $350 at the dealer and now it works fine

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. Yes the dealer installed them for about $300. So the parts probably cost $10. Solved the problem immediately and no other problems in the 2 months since.

Hello h89bogez,

I am glad that you were able to take care of your vehicle's issue. I am interested in your experience at the dealership. Please private message me the details.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Brock

Reaction score
Just installed new struts. Easy, popped old off popped new on. 5 minutes!!
$35.00 delivered!! Work like new!!!!!
Hate you guys went to dealership!!! But, sure I don;t feel as bad as you!
Had to go through Amazon, hard to figure out who they came from, but will investagate & report back. Saw several at $32 each & found these $35 a pair delivered. took a week to receive them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968