Prices Paid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NP, and I'm not trying to talk you into something else. I just decided myself that I could stomach the payment for buying a used 2015 and not so much for a new one. I read up here and other places on the differences between the 2015i and 2015d and ultimately decided there was nothing in the updated vehicles that I couldn't live without. After a few days with the 2015d I am pretty happy I made that call.

I don't think getting a used 2015 for 42k is overly optimistic. I saw plenty listed in the $44/$45k range, and I'm talking about 4WD LTs with nav. These are all rental/fleet vehicles and usually very well taken care of.

Good luck with whatever you decide....it's a great vehicle!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When considering a lease, the mileage limitation is the most frequent bite-in-the-butt for people who are unaware of it. Leases are often sold based on payment amount, and low mileage allowances are the quickest way for the dealer to get a low payment for you.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Since this is the first model year, I leased mine. If it turns out to be a good vehicle, I'll buy it at the end of the lease, if not, I'll get a new one.
.. and in the first 4,000 miles, so far, so good. I love it.

12many

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the lease, but even though the sales guy had emailed me the numbers and I confirmed the numbers twice by email, he emailed me the morning of the deal saying he could close because he would lose money. I don't really believe them, but it is their SUV and I respect that they get to do with it as they wish. Wasted a lot of my time though.

Wonderful car. I felt like a King driving it during the test drive after 9 years in a Pathfinder. But, when the dealer pulled the deal, I felt like a kid with a new ice cream cone, only to have it taken away just before the first bite.

Back to the shopping process. At least it keeps me out of the bars :):) I am looking for a light colored exterior with the cocca interior but those are harder to find than Jimmy Hoffa.

Last edited:

deltabowhunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just placed an order for a 2015 Tahoe LT 4wd that had an MSRP of $60,690 and we got an agreement to pay $54,600 OTD excluding registration, title, and taxes.

MortMan

Reaction score
I leased mine 36/12,000 2015i Denali with premium and open road packages. employee lease at ~$770/mo. Good deal considering the MSRP was like $75,000.

12many

Reaction score
I leased mine 36/12,000 2015i Denali with premium and open road packages. employee lease at ~$770/mo. Good deal considering the MSRP was like $75,000.

Mortman, how much down, if you don't mind sharing?

MortMan

Reaction score
Mortman, how much down, if you don't mind sharing?
I had owner loyalty...and a bunch of money from my GM card...and some rebate because of my GM card (brought me up to the nearest $1,000) so I'm not really sure about all the incentives but I paid out of pocket just first pmt, taxes and plates (about $900 or so). Putting money down on a lease is a fools bet...if you can't afford the payment with nothing down then you can't afford the payment.

Audrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum and glad to find it! I'm looking at a 2015 Z71 Tahoe and trading a 2008 Z71 Tahoe in very good condition with 92,000 miles. My out the door price so far is 38,800 including nav, sun & entertainment, and luxury package (sticker is 63,400 or so). Do you think I can do better? Am I stupid to trade my 2008? Thanks for your feedback!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To have any idea of what kind of deal you are getting you need the price they are selling you the 15 for and what they are giving for your trade.

Also - price before taxes as that is different everywhere. Otherwise, all of those numbers mean nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallanblue