Project TLC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sketchyness was when I was jacking it up... its solid as a rock now!
And anyway most of the work is on the frame. I wont be spending much time under the body while its up on the beams. And if I do ill have blocks next to me so if it did happen to fall I wont get crushed.

Now that sounds sooooo much safer, ..................... N O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that sounds sooooo much safer, ..................... N O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously what do you want me to do? Go buy a $4000 Garage lift which would essentially be doing exactly what I have done right here for $50 just because it would be somehow safer?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously what do you want me to do? Go buy a $4000 Garage lift which would essentially be doing exactly what I have done right here for $50 just because it would be somehow safer?

I do not WANT you to do ANYTHING, I just want you to be safe and not get hurt. Life is too short and way more worth then 4K.

Just play it safe, ............... SERIOUS!

cb450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow what a project, Keep us posted on the progress and possible tips or tricks. And I'll mirror everyone else's concerns.. BE CAREFUL!

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow what a project, Keep us posted on the progress and possible tips or tricks. And I'll mirror everyone else's concerns.. BE CAREFUL!

Yeah 90% of the work is on the frame which is perfectly safe. Anyhow I will probably try to take more photos as it goes back together and make a thread in the Tech section with details.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that actually looks like a pretty legit set up, not sure what size boards you have across there, but i would hope its a beefy size, but i've seen people do some stuff like this before but dont stack the blocks right (as you have, alternating them) and coming out looking way sketchier than this, i think that looks solid as hell for the cost and how he did it

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
nice work but looks redneck lol. yea show us how to put it back together when you are done and yea i wouldnt worry to much about it being sketchy ive done more sketchy things... lol

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those are tripled up 2x8s on each beam so they are pretty beefy supports. Sure its not the prettiest thing in the driveway but its only for a week or so.

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some stuff done today and yesterday, frame is painted and I did all new hard brake lines today. All new rubber lines come in at Napa in the morning. Lower control arms come in from rock auto tomorrow so I can put those along with upper control arms, tie rods and ends, sway bar links, and sway bar bushings in tomorrow.

Heres a pic of the brake line progress...

i-HqWdM98-L.jpg

Hoping to paint the underside of the body and get the two halves back together tomorrow but we will see how long everything else takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
partswapper