Pulsing lights...??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run some electronics in mine, just my lil system and my gps mainly, my front and rear fogs, im not gonna go too big, just a 140, battery is good and ive done the Big 3, all my grounds and power leads have been cleaned and tightened...
So an alt from an 02?? Did it have rear air, 4x4 or any other specs other than 130 amps?

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No because even with the lights off it still does it

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I still have the daytime running lights. Plus I can see my guage bobbing up and down... Here is something different though, this morning I started her up and the amp gauge was way above 14amps, like about 15 1/2, and its never been that high, its usually just below 14, so idk what the hell is going on??!!
I went to Autozone and had them check it and they the said the alternator was good, don't know how much trust I should put in their diagnosis, also had them see why my CEL is on and they said P0420 and P0430, seems unrelated to my light issue, so im pretty confused right now...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I will assume you mean volt gauge. And if it did hit 15 your alternator is on its way out and it will onlly get worse. As far as the codes are concerned they mean that both left and right cat converters are worn out chemically so to speak. Fix you electrical problem first then clear your codes and see if they come back at a later date.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so electrical problem is fixed, I checked out my grounds coming from battery to body, and they were fine but rusted slightly, so I cleaned them and the alternator cables to and from the battery and now the guage holds steady, no flickering!! Thanks automan21! didn't even think about the grounds since I recently did the Big 3, but I guess it goes to show that just because you recently fixed one thing doesn't mean that you shouldn't recheck it when running into problems... now if I can get the guage to stop going down at the same time the turn signals flash Ill be golden! oh well hopes and dreams!!
Thanks all for the input and suggestions, I followed all of them, fortunately I didn't have to buy a new alternator!!!

christianctucker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my lights keep flickering on my 2000 tahoe z71 when i press the gas it only gets worse i cant drive my tahoe at night cause the lights flashing so bad ive had my alternator and battery checked and they both came back fine what should i do ?

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my lights keep flickering on my 2000 tahoe z71 when i press the gas it only gets worse i cant drive my tahoe at night cause the lights flashing so bad ive had my alternator and battery checked and they both came back fine what should i do ?

I have the same but not as bad as yours and the alt is like 4 months old! I cleaned the ends of the cables to and from the battery but still the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035