Purchase incentivized new 2011, or wait for redesign?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they came down a little over 7k for me with 0 down. so im pretty sure they will come down a little more.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Good to know, Edgar. I figured that they are already offering the 0% as an incentive, so I wasn't sure if they would still come down such a substantial amount from the sticker.

I plan on talking to the dealer today, so I will keep you guys posted. I believe that 0% financing offers are notoriously hard to qualify for, so there's no guarantee there either - even though my credit score is over 700.

It will also depend on how much they offer me for my car via trade-in, which will be discussed prior to negotiation on the Tahoe, obviously.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, guys.

As far as price, mid 40's seems a bit unrealistic given that this is a brand new vehicle (with every available option), no? Don't get me wrong, I'd take it at that price, but I'm not sure sure they'd be willing to come down 10k.

X2 what Edgar said, man. In fact, I'd walk away if they didn't at least come down into the mid 40's for me. Don't be sold on it before you even go look at it. You're just setting yourself up for the salesman to screw you. They are liquidating their 11's so they should give you a screaming deal!!! Think about it. The 13's will be on their lot in less than 6 months. They do NOT want to continue messing with a new 11 on their lot. YOU have the upper hand when it comes to negotiating :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Good to know, Edgar. I figured that they are already offering the 0% as an incentive, so I wasn't sure if they would still come down such a substantial amount from the sticker.

I plan on talking to the dealer today, so I will keep you guys posted. I believe that 0% financing offers are notoriously hard to qualify for, so there's no guarantee there either - even though my credit score is over 700.

It will also depend on how much they offer me for my car via trade-in, which will be discussed prior to negotiation on the Tahoe, obviously.

I your credit score is over 700 you'll have no problem qualifying for 0% :waytogo:

OP
OP
G

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
X2 what Edgar said, man. In fact, I'd walk away if they didn't at least come down into the mid 40's for me. Don't be sold on it before you even go look at it. You're just setting yourself up for the salesman to screw you. They are liquidating their 11's so they should give you a screaming deal!!! Think about it. The 13's will be on their lot in less than 6 months. They do NOT want to continue messing with a new 11 on their lot. YOU have the upper hand when it comes to negotiating :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I your credit score is over 700 you'll have no problem qualifying for 0% :waytogo:

Let's hope so, Burb. Thanks again for the input. I will keep you guys posted.

gilbo

Reaction score
just make sure u look over the vehicle for LOT-ROT since its a 2011

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is to negotiate the trade-in separately from the new truck. I wouldn't even mention it until you got a price on the new truck settled. That has always been my experience otherwise they'll start factoring your trade-in and crunching numbers that will be in their favor.

OP
OP
G

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is to negotiate the trade-in separately from the new truck. I wouldn't even mention it until you got a price on the new truck settled. That has always been my experience otherwise they'll start factoring your trade-in and crunching numbers that will be in their favor.

This works both ways, though. In the end it's all the same unless you're bad with numbers.

Anyway, I ended up walking. They weren't even close after making me several offers. They were barely willing to come down more than a few thousand.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow i'm surprised they wouldn't come down more considering the 2012's are out and about...

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This works both ways, though. In the end it's all the same unless you're bad with numbers.

Anyway, I ended up walking. They weren't even close after making me several offers. They were barely willing to come down more than a few thousand.

Which is why they still have a 2011 sitting on their lot.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet, but be willing to travel to dealers further away. Just because there is a dealer right around the corner doesnt make it the best one.

OP
OP
G

G17GEN4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The truck was actually at another lot 150 miles away. There aren't any 2011's that I could find, brand new, that were close. The dealer I visited would be acquiring the truck from another lot.

Anyway, I came home and contacted a buddy of mine from high school on Facebook who actually sells cars at a chevy dealership up North. I chatted with him briefly and he said that their invoice is around 51, and getting the truck at invoice (or slightly under) with tax and title may be a bit unrealistic - albeit, it does happen. As far as the mid 40 price is concerned, which I thought was too low, he seemed to think that number was incredibly unrealistic.

I'd have to think that as the new models hit the lot, if there are any 2011's left, that could change the dealers outlook. At the end of the day, I was looking for a deal and they apparently were not.

I'm going to shop around and see if I can locate a dealer that has one on their lot, and see what they are willing to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968