Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started by putting the vband flange on the 4' first...got all set up, the pipe usually isnt perfectly round (compared to the vband) so i gotta mush it in the vice to get it into there. got it all ready to go, layed down the first little stitch/tack anddddd forgot to turn the gas on lol. it welded ok and only hit it about 1/2" before i was like wtf is wrong with this thing. but the rest of it actually came out really good. a lot of slag/bb's tho i forget what causes it every once and a while but it came out pretty good.

then worked on getting the 4" into the 5". tried to cut it out in one shot with an old hole saw got about half way thru it but it just didnt want to cut anymore. i was just determined to make it happen so i finished it up with the grinder. downpipe back in the truck to tack it up (dp was in and out about 10 times to day) its still all one piece and has to go in from the bottom. i have a vband i planned on putting somewhere - preferably where i can remove a big chunk of it from the top without having to crawl under it if i want to work on anything . but anyway connecting the 4 inch, i put it up there lined it up, took it down trimmed a little more, test fit, remove, trim, till i finally said **** it and layed some big nasty beads down on there lol. lines up pretty good, shouldnt be bad to reconnect to the rest of the exhaust i already have

i ordered the 5" cutout flange (comes with a blockoff plate aka manual cutout) i can order the electric cutout later

waiting on ac hose insulation, need to it on the hose before crimping the ends on.

i up'd the fuel hoses from the engine to 12an...i had 10an feed and 8an return..prob just going to adapt them together for the time being until i go balls to the wall with new fuel system. still holding off on injectors kind of just want to make it move again

i ordered another clamp for the downpipe>turbo also... i ordered one and the turbo came with one. the first one had the threads gall up and i had to break it off. I even took the lock nut it came with off and used just a regular nut but still ****** the threads up. clamp number 2, i went and got another regular nut for it and plastered high temp anti seize all over it, so far so good after a few on and offs....ordered another one cause im sure itll mess up soon enough

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beat...doesnt seem like i did much today, prob stared at it for a few hours just trying to figure out how i want to do stuff. i wanted to move the fuel pump i have back towards the back of the tank either way, but theres just not a good place to put it. and there isnt as much room height wise as i thought behind the axle for surge tank

finished up tying the exhaust back into what i already had there. wasnt really a straight shot from the vband i put on the 5" but wasnt too bad, just had to make a little kick to keep it off the transmission crossmemeber. will be waiting on the 5" flange for the cutout.

i grabbed the oem ac line for a yukon without rear ac and straightened it out for the most part and laid it out, ran the solenoid valve to block off the cabin ac completely behind the headlight....now i need some more clamps and and one different fitting and crap to finish it up for the 50th time. still need to finalize where the accumulator/dryer is going to sit but i think i have everything i need for the large suction hoses, except for the extra insulation that should be here this week

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you get down to the last few things is when a project like this tests your resolve. They’re always the hardest it seems like plus your motivation starts to wane. I’m sure you’ll figure it out just have to take a mini break for a day maybe and then hit it again. You’re almost there. :)

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get down to the last few things is when a project like this tests your resolve. They’re always the hardest it seems like plus your motivation starts to wane. I’m sure you’ll figure it out just have to take a mini break for a day maybe and then hit it again. You’re almost there. :)

yea thats how it goes....mostly just need stuff, this week the couple things i ordered should come in. i need to jump back and find new place for power steering pump, mount the coolant overflow tank, transmission cooler - this radiator doesnt have a cooler in it but i do have the 40k... another one of those things that doesnt really need to be done right now but would like to install a heat exchanger cooler in addition to it at some point but not really necessary to get back on the road.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know anything about the ac drier or can tg someone who does? is there anything specific to them or? i looked into it a little bit and it appears in an auto application the drier/accumulator just holds the excess oil in the system for when its needed? so there is some sizing that goes into it but i dont really know what the differences could be. what im getting at is:
ive tried to make the stock drier work in a different location but the "peanut" fittings make it a pain in the ass to adapt and use a standard o-ring hose fittings, orientate so i can run the hoses and get to the pressure port.
i've found a different drier that is physically the same size but from a 90s buick or some shit that already has oring style fittings that i can just just the hoses directly to with out having to use adapters n crap - and it was literally 6 bux delivered from amazon so even if i dont use it o well.

also ordered trans filter and 3 gallons of dex vi to change that fluid...prob should get some more fluid and do the transfer case at the same time. i think i used the blue stuff (autotrac fluid) in the tranfercase tho, when i looked into it when i first put it in. it wasnt the "right" fluid but it seemed to perform the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo