Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a pro in the ac department but I don't see what would be special about them, other than flow/volume like you said. I thought they were just filled with the silica beads to dry the air, hence the reason you never leave them open if you have it off the vehicle. I put a used one on a camaro a long time ago. It froze and blew Freon/oil all over the engine bay.

as for the orifice tube, just looks partially clogged and needs replaced? Here's a new one I bought for the avalanche but haven't installed
CBC2EA26-1750-4799-8028-83AA7A9F73F5.jpeg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wellllll i threw in the injectors i just got cleaned.... want to just get it moving, i think its going to be a few weeks before i spend more (big) money. atleast i know the tune ive already got should be pretty close, if i changed all this crap and injectors i'll prob be chasing problems

i'll keep pecking away at the little stuff.
got most of the wiring harness back in, gapped some plugs down and threw them in, need to see how the coils work with these headers, if i can use stock mounts or if i need to mount them remotely

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drained trans, waiting on dexvi and filter to get here this week to drop pan.

changed the oil/filter..was a few drops a water in it from pulling heads - i always fear theres a ton of water in the pan every time i pull the heads but never is lol

draped most of the wiring harness back out and connected it.

ordered some fittings to hack fuel system back together - i already have extra check valves so im going to prob replace those, interested to see if theyre blown out

started removing the fuel purge solenoid - it was full of oil but i think the line runs back to the fuel hat? prob just going to cut and cap it.

still need to see what i got to do with coils, may work on that tonight

constantly seems like im so far away lol.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the funky fuel line y set up i had... i really only needed to swap 1 fitting to put the 12an feed hose on it but i wanted to see if the check valves still worked, which they did. i had an extra 6an (stock line) one that i threw i just because it was apart. put it all back together and connected the new 12an feed to it. used an adapter to connect the new 12an return to the 8an i had. its all back together - essentially the same as it was and ready to run.

cut and capped the fuel purge solenoid.

kind of dreading pulling the trans pan and seeing whats in there. have a feeling im not going to feel good about just changing the fluid and filter and running it again

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the funky fuel line y set up i had... i really only needed to swap 1 fitting to put the 12an feed hose on it but i wanted to see if the check valves still worked, which they did. i had an extra 6an (stock line) one that i threw i just because it was apart. put it all back together and connected the new 12an feed to it. used an adapter to connect the new 12an return to the 8an i had. its all back together - essentially the same as it was and ready to run.

cut and capped the fuel purge solenoid.

kind of dreading pulling the trans pan and seeing whats in there. have a feeling im not going to feel good about just changing the fluid and filter and running it again

trans been acting weird?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo