Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh brother......:confused:
yea :oops:

rolls forward fine...but not backwards i think something in the trans is blown/locked up and its stuck in a gear or something.

thought it was input shaft again, which it may also be broken but i think may be a little more serious this time.

i think its time to throw in the towel

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea :oops:

rolls forward fine...but not backwards i think something in the trans is blown/locked up and its stuck in a gear or something.

thought it was input shaft again, which it may also be broken but i think may be a little more serious this time.

i think its time to throw in the towel
Damn dude. That sucks:( whatever you decide, no one can call you weak. You've been far more dedicated to making this thing work than anyone I've seen. I hate that you've came this far and stupid things are happening. Hopefully it's nothing major. Any chance it's in the transfer case?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think im just going to throw a stockish engine/transmission back in it and put the trick turbo kit back on, and maybe like a 7" lift kit

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sorry bro, i dont feel like spending 2k a month to have to transmission fixed.

didnt feel like doin **** to it but i dragged myself out there and did a little.
got truck up on jack stands, pulled downpipe and couple feet of exhaust, pulled the front and rear driveshafts, drained the transfer case and transmission, took the tranny cooler lines off and let them drain also.
transfercase fluid looked like silver paint, transmission not so bad - little bit of trash on the magnetic plug but fluid was pretty clean otherwise

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry bro, i dont feel like spending 2k a month to have to transmission fixed.

didnt feel like doin **** to it but i dragged myself out there and did a little.
got truck up on jack stands, pulled downpipe and couple feet of exhaust, pulled the front and rear driveshafts, drained the transfer case and transmission, took the tranny cooler lines off and let them drain also.
transfercase fluid looked like silver paint, transmission not so bad - little bit of trash on the magnetic plug but fluid was pretty clean otherwise
I understand for sure. You’ve gone way further than I thought you would have. Like others have said, there’s no disgrace in throwing in the towel especially after the kind of effort you’ve put in.

That said, do you think it could be the transfer case and not the transmission?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it, with all 4 tires off the ground you can spin one and they all spin (opposites spin backwards) like its supposed to. thought about trying to start it with it up in the air and seeing if any would spin when you put it in gear but doubt it. moving thru the gears yesterday it didnt seem like it was even going from park>reverse>nuetral>drive just seemed stuck whereever it was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson

Latest posts