Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry bro, i dont feel like spending 2k a month to have to transmission fixed.

didnt feel like doin **** to it but i dragged myself out there and did a little.
got truck up on jack stands, pulled downpipe and couple feet of exhaust, pulled the front and rear driveshafts, drained the transfer case and transmission, took the tranny cooler lines off and let them drain also.
transfercase fluid looked like silver paint, transmission not so bad - little bit of trash on the magnetic plug but fluid was pretty clean otherwise
does the transfer case spin?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
transmission out and loaded up. input shaft definitely broke again at the least. going to drop it off at atfspeed down here again.
transfercase sounds like ass but still spins "freely" by hand

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it ... but all the same doesnt do me much good to have a shaft that only lasts +/-two months
said theyd never seen one break when i dropped it off and sort of questioned that it was a 300m shaft. so now theyve seen two of them i guess so they may be able to warranty it but not going to cover the install

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubt it ... but all the same doesnt do me much good to have a shaft that only lasts +/-two months
said theyd never seen one break when i dropped it off and sort of questioned that it was a 300m shaft. so now theyve seen two of them i guess so they may be able to warranty it but not going to cover the install
Maybe they just had a couple bad ones. One could hope anyway…either way that sucks. Sorry man.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they just had a couple bad ones. One could hope anyway…either way that sucks. Sorry man.

Pretty much...if they say it just needs an input shaft I'll point them towards the even stronger one and throw it back in...if it messed up abunch of stuff I'll probably have them put a 2wd output on it and find a slightly lighter racecar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19