Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got ctsv back from dealer, new torque converter.
didnt notice the same crap happening on the way home so thats good

truck trans is still broke, they were backed up a few weeks tho prob hear something next week.
i dont know what to do... cause ive got turbo/longblock/fuel pump (need injectors but i havent bothered getting cause it keeps breaking at this power) for about 500 more horsepower :oops:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got ctsv back from dealer, new torque converter.
didnt notice the same crap happening on the way home so thats good

truck trans is still broke, they were backed up a few weeks tho prob hear something next week.
i dont know what to do... cause ive got turbo/longblock/fuel pump (need injectors but i havent bothered getting cause it keeps breaking at this power) for about 500 more horsepower :oops:
Glad the caddy is doing good

Sounds to me like you need to order some injectors and tell those dudes to get that 80 in shape to handle it:)

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the caddy is doing good

Sounds to me like you need to order some injectors and tell those dudes to get that 80 in shape to handle it:)

and apparently whatever mark/scratch dent on the drivers door of the CTSV i saw when i dropped it off...theres fooking nothing there - all they did was wash it so unless it was just something smeared on there that came off i dont know. but seriously i have been dreading getting it back and seeing the door and having to find someone to repair it and its just fine i guess. could use a better wash job and maybe theres a very very very small something there but not what i had burned into my head

i did miss it a little too

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
and apparently whatever mark/scratch dent on the drivers door of the CTSV i saw when i dropped it off...theres fooking nothing there - all they did was wash it so unless it was just something smeared on there that came off i dont know. but seriously i have been dreading getting it back and seeing the door and having to find someone to repair it and its just fine i guess. could use a better wash job and maybe theres a very very very small something there but not what i had burned into my head

i did miss it a little too
Maybe they secretly repaired it--thinking they were responsible for damaging it. Wouldn't be the 1st time a dealer would've done something like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno I'll get a better look tomorrow in the sun. I looked at it pretty close but sun was setting, even if there's something there it's already 1/1000th as bad as I thought

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled the whole intake yesterday to see if maybe i whiffed on the "oring" between the lower and the intercooler and maybe under vacuum it was sucking in a lot of hot unmetered air cause it to "smoke".
in the process of doing that, half of the passenger side bolts from intake to head were pretty loose :emotions122: so that couldve been a nice vac/boost leak. didnt goof the oring between the intake upper/lower surprising the way i had to slide it about 4" together under the cowl.
i put the intake back down tightened up bolts in sequence about three times...ill prob plan on doing it after starting it back up also i guess. might pull injectors and just have them cleaned again - looks like it might be sitting another couple weeks, just to be safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM