Replace your cabin air filters!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bravo2

Reaction score
Its not in the black part is it that hangs down below dash at the feet or is it up under the glove box?

vwbeaner

Reaction score
under the glove box. I believe there is a little blurp in your vehicle's manual. You have to pull a cover off and they are under it.

bravo2

Reaction score
I have a rectangle metal box with door on it about the size of one of these filters. It goes vertical, but I got a wire harness in the way of the door on it. It looks like it would open from the bottom. Its below the glove box, behind it sorta to the left of the black cover panel under the dash. Is this it?

bravo2

Reaction score
My car is a 2000 and was built in 11-1999. The thing I saw is parallel to the dash. Just behind the glove box is a amp looking thing and it maybe one and the same I see at the bottom that has a plug wire coming from it on one side. I do not not think this is it. My manual shows it being vertical and its parallel with the side door close to the kick panel under the dash close to the end of the dash by the passenger door. I do not see anything there. So did I get a vehicle without one? My manuel says its under instrument panel but picture looks like the side of the dash on passenger side. I looked under driver side and did not see anything there either. It is suppose to have a black plastic clip over it looks like in picture in manuel. It just shows the filter coming out below the glove box and thats it. Manuel also stated if its equiped with one thats were it is. Can someone take pictures and post on here so I am correct in my thinking that I don't have one possible or its inside that black cover with two bolts thats apart of the ac vent work thats below the glove box?

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of hard to see but there is one clip in front and one screw in the back that holds the cover on. Take the screw out and it will drop out. Remember, there are two filters in there. I ordered the FRAM Freshbreeze off of Amazon the other day, cheaper than auto parts stores. They come 2 in a box... Just did it last night!

Attachments

• IMG00048-20100309-1813.jpg
    IMG00048-20100309-1813.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG00045-20100309-1811.jpg
    IMG00045-20100309-1811.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 59

bravo2

Reaction score
Mine does not look like that unless its onder the black cover that goes almost down to the floor board. Got any pics looking up some under there? Pic of that are and the upper dash part? Did you take a black cover off to get to that section under the dash? What year is your vehicle?

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to take the black cover off. 3 screws, one under the center-dash area, which is a P.I.A. Sorry, don't have any more pictures of this area. Once you take the cover off, you will see it. It will be to the left of your blower motor resistor.

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What up fellas,

Yes, I know I am quite the idiot and can't believe it took me this long to replace my cabin air filter. My 01 Yukon has been filtering all the crap Los Angeles and Tahoe can offer and man was it a sight pulling both the filters our. Insane and I can't believe I along with my company have been sucking that air in.

Thanks for the posts and helping me clean this out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makivili

Latest posts