Replaced engine, now no crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bowtiegurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you pull your fuse block out to do the swap?

If you did, when you put the top hat back on the fuse block, something might have pushed out the back of the harness, or bent a pin.

Edit: Or did you take you main engine harness out so you could use the main engine harness from the donor engine?
No the fuse block was not pulled for the swap and my original wiring harness was used.

OP
OP
B

bowtiegurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any of the other issues present before the swap? if not then you have a short somehwere screwing up the can bus
None of this was going on before the engine swap. The timing chain tensioner broke in my old engine causing internal damage. At least it still cranked over just had no compression. With the new/used engine put in all of this crap has started.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of this was going on before the engine swap. The timing chain tensioner broke in my old engine causing internal damage. At least it still cranked over just had no compression. With the new/used engine put in all of this crap has started.
I would check any wiring that could have been smashed while putting the engine in, inspect carefullly. looks like something is causing the canbus to not be able to communicate properly. If the transmission was out check that harness too.
you can also search google with each of those individual codes +TSB and see if any gm bulletins point to anything specific.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help but has some u codes.

Attachments

• 08-07-30-021E.pdf
    891 KB · Views: 2

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are you making a new thread? particularly with virutally no associated information.......
you won't get any different answer than you have received already...
so OUR question to you is....
what have you done/checked/double checked/eliminated so far from the advice provided already?
what tools are you using? what scanner, meter, etc....

Docky50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After replacing the engine, 5.3 l ls, in my 2007 Yukon I now have a no crank no start situation. It only cranks when jumper cables are put to the starter. When swapping engines does the PCM, BCM OR ECU need reprogrammed?
Scanner tool reads these codes
* System disabled information stored invalid serial data
* U0140:00 Lost communication with BCM
* U0159:00 Lost communication with parking assist control module A
* U0168:00 Lost communication with vehicle security control module
*B1019:3A Sensing & Diagnostic module system configuration error incorrect component installed
* B1370:06 Device ignition 1 circuit short to ground/open

Any advice would be appreciated!!
I had the same issue with my 2013 Tahoe LTZ. I had to get the PCM reprogrammed. Now my cool/heat seats, and memory seat don't work, also, my hatch won't open. SMH

OP
OP
B

bowtiegurl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
why are you making a new thread? particularly with virutally no associated information.......
what have you done/checked/double checked/eliminated so far from the advice provided already?

The problem was a loose ground on the front of the block. I do not know what kind of scanner is being used. I heard him say it cost $4,000. It is now able to communicate with all modules except the engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tylert93