Replacement shocks and struts 2001 and 2002 yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melaniec1225

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned my 2001 Denali for 7 years but recently bought a 2002 that only says yukon XL but has almost everything identical to my 2001 as far as body, engine, interior etc...we bought it knowing it would need work but my husband and I are perplexed as to which replacement shocks we actually need. Any many parts sights the shocks say they will fit the front but almost all say conversion kit. I know the current ones on both vehicles have a plug running to them in the front. My husband usually does all or most of our car repairs. Can anyone help me with some information on which shocks/struts for front of my vehicles I need to buy and why dies everything say conversion? Thanks in advance if you can help me.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the glove box in the 02, there will be a sticker with a bunch of 3 digit codes (letters and numbers). Take a picture of that sticker and post it here and we can tell you what suspension package you have, which will determine what shocks you need. If it is a Denali it will have Z55.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtisleefarmer

Latest posts