Replacing lower intake gaskset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if your cel light comes on when you first turn the key on but stays off when driven leave it be.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

if you develop a problem let me know.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you don't ignition timing is completely computer controlled.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

for 96 or newer.

OP
OP
raptorforme93

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I replaced the gasket the check engine light was on but now it is off and has stayed off. Haha. The cel light has never come on and I have already put 300 miles on it so I think Im alright. Thank you guys!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it comes on again, just take the bulb out the illuminates the CEL and it won't come on again :waytogo:

:lol:

MattM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just surfing the forum and thought I'd post this link which helped me do the job a few months back. glad the original poster got it worked out. just adding a link for future reference.

http://www.market-place.com/intake/intake.htm

many similar suggestions as already touched upon above.
fwiw.

Matt

OP
OP
raptorforme93

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, here are some pics of us getting it home from Tallahassee to Tampa. The Uhaul trailer's wheel wells were too narrow and I had to remove one of the fenders (Luckily a few rusty bolts) and drive my truck over the wheels of the trailer. Also my truck was just too wide in general for the trailer, but with a few good straps we got it on secure enough to get her home :) Haha.

IMG_07311.jpg

The driver side wheel was over as far as it could go on the other side.
IMG_07301.jpg

IMG_08071.jpg
IMG_08081.jpg
IMG_08091.jpg

I did the whole thing in this little tiny ass garage. Very little space to move. Haha
IMG_08101.jpg

And then for ***** and giggles here is my other toy :D
IMG_07571-1.jpg

2000limitedhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just for future reference, if you pull the dist, it wouldn't hurt to have the timing set. The way you do this on these vortecs is find a scan tool that can set the crank/cam correlation.

If you ever have to replace head gaskets on these trucks, you can reuse head bolts. Clean the bolts and holes with a thread chaser. when you reinstall the heads, torgue them in the order chiltons or haynes tells you to. Start torgueing the bolts at 25 ft lbs, then 45 ft lbs, and last of 65 ft lbs. The only head bolts you replace is the 99 and up 4.8, 5.3, and so on LS motors.

Hope this helps for a future reference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa