Replacing plugs - what kind should I get? And what gap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devnull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck is a 99 Yukon. I'm seeing everything from platinum, to double platinum, to iridium. A large cross-section of people seem to like Delco plugs. Is Delco Iridium or Double-Platinum a good choice, or is there something better?

Also I seem to recall seeing something about how the gap is supposed to be .06 on these trucks, but GM later changed it's mind and said .045? Which is it?

THX!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC delco, plugs come pre gapped now days

Don't splurge on plugs...I did on e3's and it was a waste ended up cracking two plugs before i tossed them all.

OP
OP
D

devnull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all. I'll be ordering plugs, wires, rotor and cap tomorrow.

I've never done a distributor before, but have read through the procedure in Alldata. As I understand it, since I won't be changing the position of the gear, I'll just mark the firing position of the old rotor to the motor somehow, remove it, and install the new one in the same position - right? And the "cam offset" parameter that I need to look at - is that a standard PID on an el-cheapo OBD-II scanner, or do I need something like HPtuners or a Snap-On device to see that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035