RF Outer Door Handle Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC 2013 Tahoe

Reaction score
So I guess we've been lucky to get along on the original thus far... the RF outer door handle made a nice cracking sound/feel yesterday when my bride pulled on it. It's now useless, doing nothing when pulled.

We'd already replaced the LR, using a Dorman replacement with great results going on 3 years now.
Ordered and picked up a replacement Dorman RF handle at O'Reilly's last evening. Plan to install next Monday PM, as I'm out on a 3-day M/C ride with some buddies starting Friday. Will snap a pix or two as I replace it.

This only leaves the Driver's and RR outer handles to go!
The driver's handle already has slop when pulled before it actuates, so pretty certain it's not long for this world either.
Come to think of it, will probably order the Driver's handle this PM, as I'd rather be proactive :cool:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of your inside handles turned into razor blades? I've only had to replace one so far, out of 8.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hsrd on handles. The hard life usually starts from jerking on a locked handle. GMT800 handles are stout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glosol22