Road trip! Decent MPG...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove from Raleigh, NC, to Atlanta, GA, (roughly 407mi) on one tank of gas... I averaged right at 19mpg traveling at an avg speed of 75mph. Also worthy of note, I had three+me adult passengers and all their luggage. I'm quite impressed with how efficiently and comfortably this ute tackles road trips. Safe travels to you all, and HNY!

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove from Raleigh, NC, to Atlanta, GA, (roughly 407mi) on one tank of gas... I averaged right at 19mpg traveling at an avg speed of 75mph. Also worthy of note, I had three+me adult passengers and all their luggage. I'm quite impressed with how efficiently and comfortably this ute tackles road trips. Safe travels to you all, and HNY!

You will be surprise if you go longer distance in June i use 71 gls inbound Orlando and now only use 66 gls the only difference is the blackbear tune.

this time i have the 22" rims and more weight 1085 miles total people= 7 can't complain about.

:hmmm2:

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice. I drove Greenville, SC to Tampa yesterday and averaged about 19mpg. I need to look and see exactly but it was right at 19 average when I was 60 miles out. I'm driving a rental Yukon XL SLT.

Rush, makes me feel better knowing you got that kind of mileage with the larger wheels.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe's best MPG was 23.9 mpg down the highway roads of GA. It is awesome. My trip from Miami to Augusta went from 2 tanks with the old avalanche to a tank and a quarter. Love the refined 5.3.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That jives with what I've noticed on my freeway drives. If I set the adaptive cruise at 65 (the speed limit here is Boregon) I average over 23mpg. When I set it at 74 I get just over 20. It's mind blowing to think of that kind of economy comping from a 6.2 liter engine. I can only imagine what the 5.3 is going to be able to do once it's mated to the 8 speed.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That jives with what I've noticed on my freeway drives. If I set the adaptive cruise at 65 (the speed limit here is Boregon) I average over 23mpg. When I set it at 74 I get just over 20. It's mind blowing to think of that kind of economy comping from a 6.2 liter engine. I can only imagine what the 5.3 is going to be able to do once it's mated to the 8 speed.
You will be surprise if you go longer distance my with 7 people plus gear, was 66 gallons from NJ to Orlando. And 62 from Orlando to NJ. Is hard to believe that but is real. [emoji385] [emoji618]

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be surprise if you go longer distance my with 7 people plus gear, was 66 gallons from NJ to Orlando. And 62 from Orlando to NJ. Is hard to believe that but is real. [emoji385] [emoji618]

I think the bigger question is how fast where you driving. My drives were only 120 miles or so but when I got 23.4mpg I had all three kids (in car seats which I can only assume are made from depleted uranium), my wife, both dogs and stuff for all of us in the car. But I had the cruise set at a grandma-like 65.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is how fast where you driving. My drives were only 120 miles or so but when I got 23.4mpg I had all three kids (in car seats which I can only assume are made from depleted uranium), my wife, both dogs and stuff for all of us in the car. But I had the cruise set at a grandma-like 65.
78 mph top and 70 minimum but must of the time 78 mph.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

78 mph top and 70 minimum but must of the time 78 mph.
1085 miles