Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just curious , what did you do with your antenna? How's your radio reception now?
When I bought my truck I never even noticed it didn't have a antenna mast, or a hole in the cowl where the mast used to be. The FM reception was better than in my previous vehicles. ( I never use AM). Then after joining this forum I read about the antenna delete mod, went to look, and saw the mast had been cut off below the cowl. The PO's own delete mod. It works great! He just made it a real real short antenna.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those color matched racks look fantastic! I'm super jealous! Hey how hard was it to put in that NNBS shifter? I really like the look and have been thinking about doing that myself!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I bought my truck I never even noticed it didn't have a antenna mast, or a hole in the cowl where the mast used to be. The FM reception was better than in my previous vehicles. ( I never use AM). Then after joining this forum I read about the antenna delete mod, went to look, and saw the mast had been cut off below the cowl. The PO's own delete mod. It works great! He just made it a real real short antenna.
Wow , I would've never have guessed the reception would be that good.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those color matched racks look fantastic! I'm super jealous! Hey how hard was it to put in that NNBS shifter? I really like the look and have been thinking about doing that myself!
It was almost as easy as an Esky or stock one, it just had a different connector for the tow/ haul button. I cut the old one off my shifter and soldered it to the NNBS handle, just match up the 2 colors originally used. Black and white I believe. The other wires I just taped off since the + and - buttons are for shifting the 6-sp tranny's in the NNBS. Did you ever get that screw out on yours?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to shave the rear wiper but might have to wait awhile, I've spent too much on this lately. Plus my body shop would need the truck for a few days again. And then there's the fact that I need to find a welder to patch the aluminum door panel. Damn.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could do the plugs like Fosscore did.
I've thought about that but I'm afraid that would only lead to me doing it all the way. I guess I could do that as a temporary fix, knowing I'd eventually have it welded filled and painted. Probably wouldn't stay that way for long!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket , I still haven't had time. But I decided im,gonna match it to the steering wheel I'm trying to get done. I bought a wheel from a Buick Rainer with wood grips and the wood is the worng color which I knew. The leather was supoosed to match mine but didn't and I found a sprayable leather dye. I bought a can of the cashmere color and it looks fantastic. I'm super happy with it. Now I gotta figure out the wood grips. But I'm gonna spray the esky handle this week so it's the same color as the wheel. Once that's done then it can go in. But I really like the NNBS style Handle. MIGHT see if I can pick one up for cheap.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the plugs are not as perfect as a true smooth shave, but they are way cheaper and quicker to get the end result right now.

I really love seeing that rear end without the branch, even if it is slightly less than OCD should allow. I can handle a couple of plugs to give me that visual satisfaction.

And I know you won't be able to resist not doing another easy mod to the beautiful Denali. Too much temptation.... Cmon Red, you need to add another page to that build thread. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Youkon_Guy