Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see a small ding , count from the mail box in the reflection it's between the 3rd and 4th bush. Small but still shouldn't be there!!! Damn I would've been piiiisssed. Should be a easy removal and maybe a touch up paint away from being barely noticeable (except by you of course, and now all of us :oops:)

And at least the hatch looks ok, but damn what a headache. I have ocd just as bad but I'm not gonna let it get the best of me and rush things cause I know my luck and it never works out :mad:
Yeah I'm not gonna rush anything, that's something I'm always fighting because my reaction is always to fix things instantly so I can forget about them. I like loose ends tied up. I'll take a couple more pics tomorrow but yeah what a bummer. I'm calm now. Right before this happened the shop that is replacing my rear tire on my bagger called to say the powdercoated rim was bubbling...oh yeah, I picked up a 1/4" x 3" long bolt in the rear tire of my motorcycle this week...so I was already bummed. I'll get it all fixed, it just seems I went backward this week but that's how things are sometimes. I'm picking the bike tire up to morrow, and next week my hatch will get painted and the ding will get fixed too. It was just a difficult afternoon.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures of the dent and scratch. It's not big but it's right on my driver's door so I see it every time I get in. I will have to get it fixed. It's a bummer because the rest of the body is perfect. I don't have a single ding anywhere, not even a door ding.

IMG_5635.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And moving on... since I don't have a rear wiper anymore, I don't need a rear wiper switch. Delete complete. This was a real easy mod- pull the switch housing, pop off the back cover so I could remove the switch itself and the bezel, a bit of grinding, a piece of thin blackish plastic and a bit of silicone.

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And moving on... since I don't have a rear wiper anymore, I don't need a rear wiper switch. Delete complete. This was a real easy mod- pull the switch housing, pop off the back cover so I could remove the switch itself and the bezel, a bit of grinding, a piece of thin blackish plastic and a bit of silicone.

View attachment 66483

View attachment 66484
You are the man!! :patriot: Looks good , and if you didn't know there was a switch there you'd never look twice ! I wouldn't.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I took a switch out from another truck and used another faceplate. Trucks have a switch for fogs like us but instead of a wiper switch there's a cargo light button. So now I have an extra switch for extra accessory lights or whatever. Not sure what I'll use it for, maybe underglow, but it's a nice option that looks stock. And when wired right it only works with the ignition on.

1289816712.jpg
1289816318.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a switch out from another truck and used another faceplate. Trucks have a switch for fogs like us but instead of a wiper switch there's a cargo light button. So now I have an extra switch for extra accessory lights or whatever. Not sure what I'll use it for, maybe underglow, but it's a nice option that looks stock. And when wired right it only works with the ignition on.

1289816712.jpg
1289816318.jpg
Great option! I have no use for an extra switch but if I ever do....

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I dropped it off at the body shop again, to have the rear hatch painted after the wiper delete. He said he has a dude that does paintless dent repair and the door ding should only be about $50, and he can just touch the paint up by hand for no extra charge. So it looks like it's handled. It should be done in a couple days. I'm feeling relieved. Pictures to follow of course.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pdr is what came to mind right when it happened, just wasn't sure until I talked to my body shop. When it was in there for the hood, I heard him talking about his wife's brand new 2016 Tahoe and how somebody had already put 2 small dents in it that I could barely see. He was going to have his pdr dude take care of them. Mine actually has a tiny gouge from where the edge of the steel hit so I wasn't sure. Between the pdr dude and my friend I'm sure it will be taken care of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bibleman2081