rookie mistake: need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

udownwitk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just got a optima battery for the '07 yukon for $100. without thinking, i turned it the way the old battery was facing therefore hooking the battery cables backwards. i heard something pop that sounded like a fuse but i dont know where to look. is the the 175 amp fuse in the "fuse block" thing on the firewall? i've only had this yukon a couple months, i dont even know where all the fuse panels are yet... any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh Oh , You might have fried the ECM ... Check All the fuses you may have got lucky . Does it start or attempt to do anything when the key is turned?

OP
OP
U

udownwitk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it doesnt do anything when they keyed is turned. no power to anything far as i can tell.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone chimes in On the location On ALL the Fuses . I hope you didnt fry it

OP
OP
U

udownwitk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes, it was the 175 amp fuse on the firewall. replaced it and all is good!!

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I know your gonna hate this... But,

I did the EXACT same thing on my 96. Actually, my best friend hooked the battery up, but yeah... Backwards and it was a Red Top Optima... You could turn the key and NADA. No click, no nothing. It was the computer. Id advise you run down to an auto parts store and get a Chilton or Haynes Manuel... Sorry to hear about that bud that really blows chunks.

Haha nice! I couldnt see your last post musta been right as I was posting. Atleast you fixed it!!

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id advise you run down to an auto parts store and get a Chilton or Haynes Manuel...

Didn't Haynes Manuel play for the Phillies in the late '70s?

(You probably meant "manual." ;))

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wow glad it was a fuse n not pcm. That would have been a expensive repair..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus