School me on Performance/Cold Air Intake Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

guysgonewild

Reaction score
thanks guys. i already installed my volant cold air intake yesterday. thanks for all the help!

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy the scoop and dont see any gains in hp or mpg ill give you your money back, thanks Daniel@volant

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the scoop and dont see any gains in hp or mpg ill give you your money back, thanks Daniel@volant

It would seem to me that this scoop would show itself to be useful during

1. High speed >65 driving for gas mileage increase. ~1mpg increase
2. Wide open throttle at higher speeds.

Plus this seems like a pretty good warranty.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Daniel, if you would like for a 3rd party to dyno test it, we would be more than happy to do it. If you could ship one out to us for the tests, we would send it back right after. We are now located in California as are our load bearing dynos. We can add the results to our previous dyno tested intakes.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email ([email protected]).

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenna you already shot my product down now you want to test it? I will talk to the owner about sending a kit out to you but being our number one seller and all the road mpg testing on my own tahoe it is going to be a tuff sale, thank you for the offer though. Offering a FULL refund on a product that a customer is testing in real world conditions is as good as 3rd party gets. My own results back when my truck was stock I saw a 2 mpg increase when going over 30 mph such as on the highway, around town I didnt notice much of anything, If you are just running around town I wouldnt buy it, if your hwy or towing you will see a gain, not much change on the dyno though

TunasTwins

2005 Tahoe LS
Reaction score
i couldnt agree more, i think i get as good gains at fraction of cost plus money i saved got my bbtune

http://http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14022
I did the mod but never got to posting: I did NOT see an increase in peak MAF grams/sec with this mod. I have yet to do the K&N drop in which I plan to do and plan on seeing an increase. Summary: Do the swiss cheese mod after you get the K&N drop in. FWIW I liked the idea and did it IMMEDIATELY.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Spectre 9900 this weekend (I love the sound)

I have a K&N pannel filter with about 1K miles on it for sale ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52