"Service 4WD" - Master Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Quick in and out...Not sure how true it is but Service Advisor said that there are two different recalls in regards to the "Service 4WD" message...one where the person just gets the message and then another one where the vehicle actually gets stuck in 4WD Hi(mine). I have attached my service ticket for your reading pleasure...

Attachments

• 4WD.jpg
    4WD.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick in and out...Not sure how true it is but Service Advisor said that there are two different recalls in regards to the "Service 4WD" message...one where the person just gets the message and then another one where the vehicle actually gets stuck in 4WD Hi(mine). I have attached my service ticket for your reading pleasure...

Yep. Took mine today, was told of the recall. Hopefuly it gets fixed once and for all.

rgpie75

Reaction score
Add mine to the list. Just got stuck in 4wd tonight. Taking it in first thing in the morning. About to go back and read this whole thread to see what I'm in for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sub08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4wd recall

at 5599 miles, dealer performed official recall, 14616 service 4 wheel drive, transfer case shift module reprogram.

hopefully it will be good before i go on my ski trip next week.

keep you posted.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at 5599 miles, dealer performed official recall, 14616 service 4 wheel drive, transfer case shift module reprogram.

hopefully it will be good before i go on my ski trip next week.

keep you posted.
Looks last update is a home run,is working good after they do last relearning on my truck. [emoji1] [emoji385]

Sechal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to this thread but owe a lot of thanks to it. My car got stuck in 4wd with error indicator
coming on as well. Brought in this morning and they serviced it, as well as 2 other recalls under warranty. For everyone's benefit I can attach image of service order if someone can tell me how!

image1.JPG

Sechal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the service order

....and I should have mentioned that problem is resolved, at least for now
(2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 25

fszatko

Reaction score
I got stuck in 4WD in October. Dealer knew nothing about it. I showed them the posts from this forum. They flashed the TCM and problem was fixed. The problem did not recur.

A few weeks ago I received a recall notice for the same thing. I took it in. They confirmed that the TCM update from October was the same version mentioned in the recall. (The recalls lag by a few months they said).

So...that's good news. I have the latest TCM update and have been driving in AWD for 2-3 months with no recurrence. Looks like it works.

JohnRI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same problem yesterday as described. Had been in Auto mode in morning and when starting vehicle in afternoon the Service 4WD light came on and sure enough it was in 4WD. Called dealer service team and they told me to bring it in immediately and they could do a quick program update to resolve the issue. I was not aware of the recall and then they said there were 3 additional service updates including the AC. Interesting all these issues since October when I had the Oil Change done and other recall items fixed.

Maybe it's just me but after the reprogramming the steering seems like it takes more effort to turn. Does any know if the EPS is programmable or had the same feeling after the 4WD Service Reprogramming?

Great forum.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem yesterday as described. Had been in Auto mode in morning and when starting vehicle in afternoon the Service 4WD light came on and sure enough it was in 4WD. Called dealer service team and they told me to bring it in immediately and they could do a quick program update to resolve the issue. I was not aware of the recall and then they said there were 3 additional service updates including the AC. Interesting all these issues since October when I had the Oil Change done and other recall items fixed.

Maybe it's just me but after the reprogramming the steering seems like it takes more effort to turn. Does any know if the EPS is programmable or had the same feeling after the 4WD Service Reprogramming?

Great forum.
Yours is 2015D or 2015i?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968