Shipping my 99 4 door Tahoe to the states from japan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I see Canadian vehicles here in tx. Doubt itl be much different. Just the daytime running lights and small stuff that shouldn't be a problem

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think I'll have to convert my headlights to daytime running? I have HID's right now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they don't come on in the daytime unless I turn them on myself... I guess they could be daytime lights lol.

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, the Tahoe is fixing to be put on a boat back to the best damn country in the world! Lol. Now I just have to wait till I get it and see what the total cost is gonna be for maintenance/repairs. It seems like the list is getting bigger:

New tranny, or replace the valve body
Fix the serious vibration/shaking when I hit 60+ MPH
Possible front and rear main seal oil leak
Rough idling
Possibly new tires
Inner CV boots replaced
Fix the A/C
Coolant leak from intake manifold hose
Convert the rear tail lights and reverse lights back to American standards
And, probably replace the exhaust manifold gaskets. I think I have an exhaust leak

That's it for now, I'm sure something else will come up. Keep in mind, she's only got a little over 70k miles on her. It's pretty obvious that the Japanese owner before me completely neglected her....

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
your drl module or its relay might just have gone bad somehow. spares are available. what happens with the drl light on dash when ignition is on and you switch between headlights?

btw, how much is the transport from japan? do you ride on the same boat. details.

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what lights up on the dash. The only thing that lights up is the hi beams when they are on...

Also, I don't know what it cost to ship to the states. The military pays for it. And no, I'm not on the boat when it leaves. I'm Air Force, I fly. Lol. No, I'm having them ship it a little early. I actually leave Japan in 3 weeks. Can't wait!

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Did the 98 model have the drl's?

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully they won't fail my inspection because of it.... Or deem it non conforming

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

But, it won't get to Texas until the beginning of October so I have a while to wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy