Shocks for a plusher ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edved796

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks,

First post here. Apologies up front if this has been addressed elsewhere; if it has, I haven't been able to find it.

Any suggestions for shocks (and springs?) that could make the ride softer on my 2017 Tahoe LT with ZW7 suspension code (73K miles)? The ride is horrible to me; harsh and jarring in town (but fine on the highway). Speed humps send me into a different dimension. I had an '04 Tahoe LT that was smooth and plush; it just floated over bumps and speed humps. I'm trying to get closer to that ride. Mind-boggling to me how much worse my current Tahoe's ride is.

I realize tires and tire size can impact the ride. My '04 had the stock 17s, but my '17 has the with 18s. Seems like this could explain some difference, but not this much. Tires are Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Have you had the shocks checked out to see what condition they are in? That is the first place that I would look, before doing anything else.

I don't think that 18" vs. 17" wheels would make a significant difference, and the Michelin Defender tires are an excellent tire. What tire size are you running?

OP
OP
E

edved796

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, and I do hope to participate!

Attached the only pic I have at the moment, but can get you pics of the suspension later, if that's what you want to see.

I did have the suspension checked by my long-time shop, and they said it all checked out fine. Tire size is 265/65/18.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_9253.JPG
    IMG_9253.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock4224