smoke out taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leileisdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I had posted this earlier... but I guess it didnt go through..
Im sure there has been a thread regarding this.. but I want to know an easy and inexpensive way to tint/smoke out my tailights...
Also a long time ago, i was into the whole "clear" taillight thing on my Accord.. but at that time I would get pulled over and told that I needed a "red reflector" on the back of my car, is that state specific, (im in denver)
Thanks!

Night Fury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Remove the tail light
2. Use Wetdry sand paper to sand the lights down. real fine grit #.
3. Rinse with soap and water and let dry.
4. Goto local Autozone and buy Rust Oleum Lens Tint
5. Apply the first coat (Easy LIGHT coat) evenly to make a sticky contact (This is not finished product dont worry)
6. Wait about 5-10 minutes then hit it again evenly but a HEAVY coat , as dark as you like it. this second heavy coat will give it the smoked look and the glossy finish
7. Wait 45 mins-hour to touch and install your new tail lights.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a friend that paints tint mine. I have not seen the spray can turn out good but have not seen the Rust Oleum in person. I would recommend talking to a body shop or someone who paints because they usually turn out nicer and last longer.

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Remove the tail light
2. Use Wetdry sand paper to sand the lights down. real fine grit #.
3. Rinse with soap and water and let dry.
4. Goto local Autozone and buy Rust Oleum Lens Tint
5. Apply the first coat (Easy LIGHT coat) evenly to make a sticky contact (This is not finished product dont worry)
6. Wait about 5-10 minutes then hit it again evenly but a HEAVY coat , as dark as you like it. this second heavy coat will give it the smoked look and the glossy finish
7. Wait 45 mins-hour to touch and install your new tail lights.

i'm gonna try that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS