Speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their factory speakers? I'm looking to do so myself but don't know how difficult it is to remove the grills/door panels, etc. I'd like to replace the front door and dash with a set of components and the rear doors with 2-ways. Thanks

OP
OP
S

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could you provide details of this if possible (notes, pics, etc). Would I run the tweeter wire from the dash down to the door panel and install the crossover inside the panel? What parts of the dash would I have to remove?

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to change mine out as well - I got some Focal 3-ways i'm gonna put in there. I've had the door panels off a few times all ready - they are easy. I haven't taken the dash grills off yet.

OP
OP
S

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
turbo, I'd appreciate it if you could share the steps to remove the panels. Thx

Ladyt618

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TurboToys and bluegt504, would really appreciate if y'all post some pics, steps to your audio upgrades on your 2015 Tahoes/Yukons. Looking to add a sub to mine...trying to figure out what size the existing sub in there is and how to access it.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their factory speakers? I'm looking to do so myself but don't know how difficult it is to remove the grills/door panels, etc. I'd like to replace the front door and dash with a set of components and the rear doors with 2-ways. Thanks

I want to do the exact same thing....Bose sounds very flat....

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just replacing the speakers might not produce what you might be expecting if you intend on leaving the factory amp. Most of the Bose speakers are 2 ohm so your choices are limited. Cdtaudio.com has some 2 ohm speakers that have been recommend to me. My intent is to use the factory amp and wire the outputs to the high level speaker inputs on a Audison AP8.9bit. Then you can do 4 ohm speakers fine. The 8.9bit is 35x8 so I'll be doing a full active speaker array and the DSP will be professionally tuned with the AP bit software. This will keep all of the factory Nav / traffic alerts intact thru the speakers while significantly increasing sound quality. I heard a 2015 Silverado with the same conversion (less speakers) and very impressive sound staging and tonal balance. I have a JL sub wired in but I want to keep it removable with a quick disconnect to allow for cargo on occasion. Just my 2C's

LGSONE

OP
OP
S

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still would like to know how to gain access to the corner dash speakers. Do you just remove the grill? I only want to replace these tweeters first and see what difference it makes. Thanks

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pry tool in the edge and it lifts up. I believe you have to pull the side pillar covers as well for it to come up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchhead