Speed cam got the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never did get a speed cam ticket, but did get a bill in the mail because I took a "short cut" on a highway that turned out to be a toll road with no booths. Apparently, they just photo the plates as you drove by at speed and sent you a bill in mail. IMHO the signs were not that clear either--I had no idea until a couple weeks later when I got the mail. Only a $12 charge so I didn't bother fighting it, but it was kinda irritating--felt like . Have to admit, it was a heck of a lot faster!

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one in San Diego when I was stationed down there. I drove through a red light. It was at dusk, anyone ever drove out there can relate how bad the reflection of the sun is off the water. Picture was something else though. It has me at a red light for 40 seconds with my hand over my face trying to block the sun. about 48 seconds I slowly roll through because no one was around. Needless to say the judge said thank you for your service thats $189!:chair:

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change that they're all over now. I got caught on woodhaven blvd.

kebm

Reaction score
How can they ticket you if they cannot even identify the driver? The pic that is is in the first post does not show a person, it only shows the back end of a truck. What if someone is borrowing your vehicle, or it is a commercial vehicle that could have many different drivers?
My first post here BTW, I have been reading posts here for several years, finally decided to join. I guess I will make a SIG now.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can they ticket you if they cannot even identify the driver? The pic that is is in the first post does not show a person, it only shows the back end of a truck. What if someone is borrowing your vehicle, or it is a commercial vehicle that could have many different drivers?
My first post here BTW, I have been reading posts here for several years, finally decided to join. I guess I will make a SIG now.
It doesn't matter who the driver is. The owner of the vehicle takes on full responsibility even if someone else is driving. They just give the ticket to whom evers name the tag is registered to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus