Suggestion for Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey dueschbag I ask for suggestions, not smart ass comments. Yes keys. In the beginning I wasn't looking to go big so I went with something that I could fit larger tires and the keys came with the blocks. Things are different now so that is why I am asking for suggestions.

What I was going to say it that keys on the OBS trucks do nothing that the stock keys can't do. Our stock keys should allow you to crank to the stops which is obviously too much. So, now I guess that makes you the Douchebag for buying something you didn't need.

Next time ask what I was hinting at before you come off looking more like an idiot. Keys only are needed on the NBS and NNBS truck in order to get a taller crank. Do your homework next time and don't blast me when you're wrong.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
What I was going to say it that keys on the OBS trucks do nothing that the stock keys can't do. Our stock keys should allow you to crank to the stops which is obviously too much. So, now I guess that makes you the Douchebag for buying something you didn't need.

Next time ask what I was hinting at before you come off looking more like an idiot. Keys only are needed on the NBS and NNBS truck in order to get a taller crank. Do your homework next time and don't blast me when you're wrong.

Actually I bought new keys too. One side was completely maxed out and the other side had plenty of room to go up. They had the same amount of clearance on both sides. After removing the old keys and putting the new ones in they are identical now with NO problems what so ever...and for 50 bucks for new keys it was worth every penny.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bowtiefreak if you could read then you would have seen that I didn't purchase them alone. They came with the blocks and on top of that I ran into the same thing as Fyremanpat. So before you go and try to make a point and call someone out, you may want all the facts. If you would have offered that advice in the beginning instead of leaving a smart ass comment, I would have actually appreciated that and you could have received all the details and understood why I went ahead and installed the keys. For future reference, if you have nothing positive to say or helpful advice to offer then just shut the f_ck up.

95slowhoe as for the tire carrier I do not have pics of it yet, being that it is still a work in progress. I do have pic of a drawing of the tire carrier, which it looks identical to the pic, and the mounting location on my hoe. The mounting point is a trailer spindle welded onto a mount behind the bumper. As soon as I get pics of it completed I will post them.

Attachments

• spare tire wing gate.jpg
    spare tire wing gate.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00038-20101031-1529.jpg
    IMG00038-20101031-1529.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin Hoe.
I agree with Dlong, e-fans and a CAI to start.

drel,
Seriously, you're the only one looking like a 2 year old with your language and shouting out the way you are. This is a public forum with all age groups. If you expect others to read your mind then this is the wrong place to be. If you had problems with your keys, YOU should have posted that in your original post.
Are these comments really necessary?
Hey dueschbag I ask for suggestions, not smart ass comments.
For future reference, if you have nothing positive to say or helpful advice to offer then just shut the f_ck up.

Otherwise, you're going in the right direction, looks good.

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I had a disagreement with bowtiefreak because of a comment he made before he had any info at all. I didn't get on here to talk about what I have done or why I did it. I got on here for suggestions and advice for mods. So did I get irritated when somebody goes off topic and questions what I did without knowing why I did it when I'm not even talking to them in the first place? Hell yea! I don't appreciate when people stroke their ego by trying to call others out on their mods. Each person on this forum has their own opinions and reasons for each mod they do. Their is a difference between offering advice and calling someone out. Each of us is on here to ask for advice, suggestions, or help from other members who have either gone through the same problems or has knowledge about Tahoes. Maybe my comments were a little bold, but I believe they were justified. People take pride in their vehicles even if others do not. I do appreciate the compliments and the suggestions people have offered. I do hope they keep coming in.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man chill out a bit, both of you could have gone about it in a different way, and you could clean your posts up since it is a public forum as previously stated. there is a ton of info you can pick up on here for nothin, don't burn those bridges on a stupid misunderstanding. people aren't gonna want to help you out if thats how its gonna be.

most of the small easy things have been thrown out there already. what are your plans for the truck? gonna be a DD or a trail rig or somewhere in between? that'll help the advice to go in the correct direction for you.

CAI, headers (longtube if you have the money) if not i like my gibson shorty's but LT's FTW!, bigger lift kit, roof rack, winch bumper, etc etc

OP
OP
drel21

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your right, thing should have been different. I will clean up my language, because it is a public post and I don't like it when others cuss openly in public. There is a lot of good information on here and I should take advantage of that. Bowtiefreak I am confident you are very knowledgeable about Tahoes and if you have any good suggestions I would appreciate them. Just ask that you leave the somewhat rude comments off the post, as will I.

As for my plans for my hoe, I am not going to drive it that often being I have a work truck I drive daily. I would like something that I can tow with and still get it dirty every now and again. Rough ride doesn't really bother me, but I am concerned with price since it is a 11 year old vehicle and not sure I want more money invested in it than its worth. If anyone has any parts for sale, I will be interested. Actually would like to purchase a good brush guard to kinda toughen up the look. Does anyone know if someone makes a brush guard with the pre-runner look? Kinda partial to that.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on where your at my guard may be going up for sale in the next month or so if your interested. that and i've got random stock parts, lights, side steps, etc.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
procomp I think Im gonna call u the zenmaster. nice way too calm down a hot fire :argue: went to this :Handshake:...lol we are all just here to try and help out though. I actually thought of buying new keys my dam self just to have new keys really. got the 6 inch lift already so I wouldnt hurt me any. Yo anyone go to the Jamboree in Indy this year ?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, what'd I miss? Nevermind, looks like I caused it.

Ok, for the record: Stock keys on the ons trucks with the torsion bars is good working order should be enough to crank to the stops. I feel like a broken record with this, it may just become my sig. Anyway, I blasted you for flaming me. I'll give people some credit here, yes some keys will be indexed differently and allow for more crank if say the bars on that 15+ year old truck are worn out. I understand you go a "kit" that came with keys. Hell, if I knew the stuff I know know....10 years ago I'd be driving an SAS'd tahoe on 38's and a blower on the 350. BUT we learn from each other not just our own mistakes.

So, fresh start how does that sound?

You are on track with the truck....it's in good shape. a true diff drop to get more elevation would be the route I'd go first OR the basic engine bolt ons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo