The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the cutting, grinding, and painting is done :)

Just throwing it back together and measuring today.

I was about to ask you for one of your stock UCAs. But then saw that they're only $14.xx at the salvage yard. Shipping cost plus the hassle plus the fact that I like to walk the yard makes it not worth sourcing remotely.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was about to ask you for one of your stock UCAs. But then saw that they're only $14.xx at the salvage yard. Shipping cost plus the hassle plus the fact that I like to walk the yard makes it not worth sourcing remotely.
Our junkyard walks are disappearing up this way. Just a heads up. I miss paying a few bucks ant toting a tool box to walk the yards.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want to cut me some lower control arm crossmember mounts next time you're there and send em to me? :oops:

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
If you can ship them for less than that, you can have both of them :) always happy to fund your research broski!

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
In all the fun, I ran into the same problems @iamdub did. Upper ear on the frame-side of the panhard mount hit the chassis. It has now been “corrected”

My sway bar is also touching the axle-side of the panhard mount, albeit just barely. I’ll have to have a welder friend rectify that for me.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Also just finished adjusting the panhard bar to center the axle, and the lower control arms. Without the drop-shackles in place for the LCA’s, I had to adjust the driver’s side WAY back to center the axle. All is good, though, and we’re square without those stupid phuccing shackles.

I’ll be adjusting pinion angle tomorrow morning while on an alignment rack, if I can. If not, there’s a chassis shop here in town who will set it.

Sorry boys, didn’t take pictures of any of that. Putting the front UCA’s on now and will take a couple photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24