The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Latest:

I did not install those UCA's. They're marketed as "alignment correcting arms", so when I bought them I assumed they were adjustable. You know what happens when you ASSume. Guess it would've helped if I would've looked at the picture when I ordered them.

1698183287724.png

I went to the tire shop this morning and threw the truck on their rack. Glad I did, as we were able to adjust the thrust angle into spec, instead of being almost a full degree out. We're now 0.08-degrees out, which is close enough.

I contacted the chassis shop today, and have an appointment to have the upper arms installed there, so that I don't have to drive with a bad alignment, and for them to set pinion angle, and check over the whole truck for straightness.

Unfortunately, I'll probably be raising the front about 1/4-1/2" to stop the tire from contacting the fender lip/steel fenderwell. Even with the shock's compression turned almost all the way up, I'm still making contact. The only other remedy would be a high spring rate, and we're already at 850 in-lbs. I may eventually go with a 9" spring, which is 1" shorter, and 1000 in-lbs. We'll see how things go next week.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want to cut me some lower control arm crossmember mounts next time you're there and send em to me? :oops:

I don't have enough battery power for that! Are yours damaged or rusted out? They'd be easy to fabricobble and I know you can weld

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our junkyard walks are disappearing up this way. Just a heads up. I miss paying a few bucks ant toting a tool box to walk the yards.

LKQ left without saying good bye a few years ago. But, less than a year ago, a BYOT appeared in its place. Their operating and pricing structure seems to be the same as LKQ. I'm anxious to go browse!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all the fun, I ran into the same problems @iamdub did. Upper ear on the frame-side of the panhard mount hit the chassis. It has now been “corrected”

Be sure the grease fitting is on the bottom. Conveniently enough, there's a hole in the mount you can stick the grease gun through.

My sway bar is also touching the axle-side of the panhard mount, albeit just barely. I’ll have to have a welder friend rectify that for me.

Good. When you're ready for real sway bars, you'll have the clearance.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LKQ left without saying good bye a few years ago. But, less than a year ago, a BYOT appeared in its place. Their operating and pricing structure seems to be the same as LKQ. I'm anxious to go browse!
if you refuse to help me im just going to end up with a squatted truck, is that what you want? i thought we were friends

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you refuse to help me im just going to end up with a squatted truck, is that what you want? i thought we were friends

I'm not refusing to help. I just said that what I'm equipped with is incapable of pleasing you. Amazon me this and I'll send you your mounts with pieces of the frame. :kiss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24