The OFFICIAL 2015 Tahoe unveiling thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bettingsumo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes. Somehow they managed to make something hideous and boring all at the same time. No thanks GM, I'll keep my old one.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Wow! A 110-volt 3-prong outlet is included in the 2015 models. Gee, I bet the battery goes dead about ten seconds after something is plugged into that mother and turned on. Better sign up for an extended OnStar plan. :happy175:

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the headlight design was stolen from the 2014 Nissan.

2014-nissan-370z-2-door-coupe-auto-headlight_100440020_l_zps6c9c1729.jpg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's your oldness kicking in or maybe it's a bunch of band wagoneers in here, how in the heck does the #ercury-mount@ineer-lookin yukon look better than the Tahoe? Sure it's a little newish looking but I can already see potential modifications I'd do to it, (to a black one of course), I agree though interior is a beaut and the rear looks wierd.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am NOT a fan of the new look, to me it looks like a ford and a Lincoln were mashed together. The interior is very nice but that's it.

Ford is Lincoln so I'm lost with your statement.

Wow! A 110-volt 3-prong outlet is included in the 2015 models. Gee, I bet the battery goes dead about ten seconds after something is plugged into that mother and turned on. Better sign up for an extended OnStar plan. :happy175:

Have you never plugged a direct 110 inverter to your battery at a tailgate for a tv or crock pot. A 110 pulling 1-2 amps last about an hour before draining a good battery in the car. Now if they use a low amp output 110 converter (which I know they used) you should have no problem for a solid hour or so power time.

My guess the reason for this like the one I have hard wired in my console is for the wife to plug her compute or Kendal into while road tripping. Also they upgraded the alternator amperage output to support the added inverter.

Ps. If you didn't know (no office in advanced) 110 and 12v differ as ac vs dc (not the British band) but we are talking current flow patterns. So just because it is 110 AC does not mean the amperage flow is anywhere near close to your house outlet. So no you cannot run your dyson off the built in outlet. Im willing to bet it has at most a 3-5A fuse my money is on 2.5-3 simply for controlling the electrical system and not overloading the alternator and so that they can 3year cover the battery.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a bunch of cheerleaders arguing over the new football uniforms in here...

:lol2: