The OFFICIAL 2015 Tahoe unveiling thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That black Tahoe is reeeaalllyy tickling me for some reason... Starting to think y'all are right that just a little color matching on the front end can make it workable.

Edit: You know what... Make it a 'burban, HD the hood up a little bit (the grill just sits too high on the front), give it less "pretty" wheels and thicker tires, dechrome the windows, and find a grille guard that suits the front, and I will call that truck aggressive. That's not... too much to ask, right?

Edit 2: Any "real" walkaround pictures like those but for the Yukon? Honestly the promo images make both trucks look worse.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting, the square back reminds me a lot of my old Hybrid with square bumper corners, the straight appliqués, and oversized spoiler.

Everything but its face looks good to me.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
The more i look, the better it appeals. Hey at least no one has to do a retro fit for the headlights anymore lol

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Tahoe projectors are halogen.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I think once some one on here gets a Tahoe and color matches the front grille surround everyone will fall in love. I like the rear end and side just not the front. Does make me sad that I end up liking them tho.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I think the Tahoe projectors are halogen.

That makes a retro easier tho right?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes a retro easier tho right?

It depends if their attachment points are similar to that of an HID projector. It could be very simple or almost as difficult as it is now. The bigger issue is going to be that they are going to be permasealed and aftermarket makers like DEPO and TYC don't usually bother doing replicas of halogen projector housings. It's just too early to know what's what .

My suspicion is that most people, not knowing the big difference in interior optics design between halogen and HID projectors, will just do what they do now and stick a PnP kit in there. It's a matter of luck if those halogen projectors will take well to HIDs like the NBS DEPO projectors do or if the output is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus