Think my engine just failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad gas would still be an expensive repair.

Possible but bad gas could also just mean replace fouled spark plugs and be done :shrug:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Wow that's tough I'm dealing with an engine noise on my 2010 5.3 w only 36 k just got new lifters installed under warranty and the sounds still there. I mentioned the oil pressure only being 20psi at idle and 45 at WOT and they said its Normal but I don't think so.... Just curious what your definition of low oil pressure is??

you are well above the minimum of pressure at those engine speeds.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

wow..rod knock would involve a whole rebuild no?
not really if the rod journal is undamaged you could like likey change the bearing with some fanangling from the oil pan area.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

and dom, for **** and wiggles have them change the oil and filter again when they are done.

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
and dom, for **** and wiggles have them change the oil and filter again when they are done.

Ok. Hopefully there is an O'Reilly's out here. I use a Wix filter for a 2010 Ford Taurus. I know. Seems weird, but that's the deep version of the Tahoe filter. Difference is less than 1 inch and makes the bottom of the filter almost flush with the bottom of the oil pan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Breaking news: Rods bearing failed. Stealership is telling me $4600 for used engine. $5700 to replace broken and damaged parts. $6400 for new engine. Since my finances were tapped because of this trip for a funeral, goodbye Tahoe. Hello Impala.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****!

So what, the dealer is trading the broken hoe for an impala? :(

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking news: Rods bearing failed. Stealership is telling me $4600 for used engine. $5700 to replace broken and damaged parts. $6400 for new engine. Since my finances were tapped because of this trip for a funeral, goodbye Tahoe. Hello Impala.

WOW!

****!

So what, the dealer is trading the broken hoe for an impala? :(

x2

so what are you doing? trading in the tahoe with a blown motor for the impala?

I think I'd get a malibu before an impala.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3