Think my engine just failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all I have available to me is $1000 to get it home. Plus, I can't fix it in the driveway. Military housing rules. Garage is too short height wise to get the Tahoe in, so it's not like I could hide working on it. However, I do have enough credit to eat the loss. Looking at a 2011 Impala LT for $13,990 and 43k miles. It'll do for a few years. I can do a few minor upgrades too, so ok still be entertained for a little bit. Wife has already approved that.

i second the malibu over the impala as stated i hate to hear that man and i thought these vehices came with a 5 year 100k powertrain warrenty?
this sucks bro , well if you do get the impala we will have nathan change the name of this forum to TYF&DI (tahoeyukonforum&d's Impala)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all I have available to me is $1000 to get it home. Plus, I can't fix it in the driveway. Military housing rules. Garage is too short height wise to get the Tahoe in, so it's not like I could hide working on it. However, I do have enough credit to eat the loss. Looking at a 2011 Impala LT for $13,990 and 43k miles. It'll do for a few years. I can do a few minor upgrades too, so ok still be entertained for a little bit. Wife has already approved that.

How much are they giving you for the Hoe?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
wait a second inst there a warranty or something for the powertrain like 5yr,100,000miles. don't know your details tho. how far out of that are if not to far talk to corporate they are willing to work with you on that.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

maybe stick in a large nearby storage unit for a bit and come back for it with more money to haul it. storage might set you back $150 month.

OP
OP
D

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Tahoe is 18 months out of warranty. Trade in for the Tahoe without a functioning motor is $11k. That put me $10k underwater. Also discovered that many banks won't finance you for more than 25-30% of negative equity based on the purchase price. This means a $14k Impala is a no-go. However, some of you will be pleased to hear that we ended up with a 2012 Malibu. It was a dealer loaner car and only had 3000 miles on the odometer. This means massive rebates and full warranties. Warranties start the moment I drive it off the lot. Negative equity was based on vehicle price before rebates, do that helped out. Add rebates and GM Card points and we are good to go. Monthly payment is a little higher than the Tahoe, but what I save in insurance and fuel should help out to break close to even.

This F'n sucks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh!!! Negative equity is a huge downer!!

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn my silver birch metallic partner just died this sucks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sad... so no de-modding?

Need pics and info on the Bu... colors, options, etc.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What fuel were you running? Damage like that is not an easy thing to do. Unless you weren't changing the oil frequently enough, sadly, it is probably just a random failure.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sucks, sucks, sucks. Dealer gonna drop a new or running motor on it and gonna sell it for retail value and get all its wort out of it and maybe then some. Someone local to him Pick his truck up with a uhaul trailer, and then meet the next closest member, swap to their truck and so on until he gets this back somewhere he can have it fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065