Thinking of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was finding it hard to find one with the bench in the middle like we wanted. I would of loved to have the bench up front also, but that seems super rare.

I have found one or two that have the 4.8 in them instead of the 5.3. Is there any real difference between the motors, like better mpg or anything? We probably wont tow anything and if we do it will be a small trailer with either a rzr or 2 atv's on it.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was finding it hard to find one with the bench in the middle like we wanted. I would of loved to have the bench up front also, but that seems super rare.

I have found one or two that have the 4.8 in them instead of the 5.3. Is there any real difference between the motors, like better mpg or anything? We probably wont tow anything and if we do it will be a small trailer with either a rzr or 2 atv's on it.

Me personnally, I would not get the 4.8 vs the 5.3

The 4.8 has definitely less power and I believe that resale on a 5.3 is easier than the 4.8. (At least around here).

Again, only MY opinion, nothing more.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally would not buy a 4.8 powered hoe or kon.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So still in the market....we have been all over from explorers, tahoes, 4runner, durango.

There are 2 explorers that we are looking at, but then found this guy today. They have it listed for $6999 on another site. What do you all think? Just need to check and see if it has the autoride, but other than that it looks clean from the pictures

http://www.carsgonewildkc.com/2005-...pecials=&cu=&ws=&mnprc=&mxprc=&pg=&ord=&sort=

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks clean and definitely worth taking a look at :waytogo:

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever you do, don't buy an explorer they are junk

sent from my Crifftastic $3

dcarver

Reaction score
I just bought my 03 suburban with 107k for $6400 and it's just as clean. I'd tell him $6K drive out.
As far as looking at other vehicles, I'd stick to the GM products. Better overall ride quality and you can really get a lot for your money. They also seem to last forever. Just look at all the high mileage tahoes/yukons/subs that are out there and drive like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus