Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I ordered a Yukon SLE 5.3 V8, 4x4, bench front seat, walnut interior, tow package, safety package (the one with cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring)... That was pretty much it. Ordered mid October 2022 and delivered the Friday before Thanksgiving 2022.

But I've noticed that most of you who are waiting inordinate amounts of time have lots of features and high trim levels.

Godspeed to you getting fulfilled.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Yukon SLE 5.3 V8, 4x4, bench front seat, walnut interior, tow package, safety package (the one with cross traffic alert and blind spot monitoring)... That was pretty much it. Ordered mid October 2022 and delivered the Friday before Thanksgiving 2022.

But I've noticed that most of you who are waiting inordinate amounts of time have lots of features and high trim levels.

Godspeed to you getting fulfilled.
The big one holding up most orders seems to be the Duramax. As far as we know GM is limiting it to 10-15% of production. Tow package was also on zero constraint from Summer until Fall. On top of all of that is the allocation process - which means even if you have a "vanilla spec" you won't see any movement until your dealer is given allocation to put the order against.

EducatorDan

Reaction score
The big one holding up most orders seems to be the Duramax. As far as we know GM is limiting it to 10-15% of production. Tow package was also on zero constraint from Summer until Fall. On top of all of that is the allocation process - which means even if you have a "vanilla spec" you won't see any movement until your dealer is given allocation to put the order against.
True. Our dealer is fairly small all things considered.

Interestingly we noticed that when we were picking ours up that a "twin" had arrived on the same transport the only difference being that it was no extra cost white.

duckknot

Reaction score
I'm not on the west coast (in AZ) but I don't think anyone on this forum can explain how the allocation process works. Only an insider within GM could do that and they never would because that could potentially harm some dealers. I will say that larger volume dealers will get more allocations than smaller dealers. If you have an order in with a smaller dealer you could be waiting for a very long time, especially if you have a hard to find option like the diesel engine. My dealer seems to be getting regular allocations (took less than 2 months for a diesel) but my order with a very small dealer is still sitting there since June. My only advice is shop multiple dealers and the bigger the better.
I used to think the same on large vs small and I'm sure that's true more often than not, but the dealer I have the order through is a large dealer and they aren't getting jack squat from what I can see on the GMC website. We've been waiting 10 months with zero movement on our build....Meanwhile I found another dealer out of state dealer that says they have a pretty short order list and per the GMC website has received several duramax yukon XLs recently, but we put a deposit in with our original order so I have to figure that out before I can explore placing any additional orders with other dealers!

I keep telling myself just to be patient, but we are now 4-6 months past the timeframe we were told an order would take, and we are also a month or two passed the updated estimate we were given to get a 2023 when we transitioned our order to a 2023 back in July. Meanwhile I can't get a straight answer out of anyone associated with GM because no one seems to know what's actually going on. On top of all that interest rates have pretty much doubled from where they were when we ordered, and from where they were in the original timeframe we were told it would take to receive an order.

The whole process is just frustrating....and sometimes I like to whine about it...eventually we will get what we want, it just may be a 2043 model at this rate :cool:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to think the same on large vs small and I'm sure that's true more often than not, but the dealer I have the order through is a large dealer and they aren't getting jack squat from what I can see on the GMC website. We've been waiting 10 months with zero movement on our build....Meanwhile I found another dealer out of state dealer that says they have a pretty short order list and per the GMC website has received several duramax yukon XLs recently, but we put a deposit in with our original order so I have to figure that out before I can explore placing any additional orders with other dealers!

I keep telling myself just to be patient, but we are now 4-6 months past the timeframe we were told an order would take, and we are also a month or two passed the updated estimate we were given to get a 2023 when we transitioned our order to a 2023 back in July. Meanwhile I can't get a straight answer out of anyone associated with GM because no one seems to know what's actually going on. On top of all that interest rates have pretty much doubled from where they were when we ordered, and from where they were in the original timeframe we were told it would take to receive an order.

The whole process is just frustrating....and sometimes I like to whine about it...eventually we will get what we want, it just may be a 2043 model at this rate :cool:
Sorry to hear about your experience. Did your large dealer tell you where you were in their list for a Yukon? Maybe they are getting allocations but you are pretty far down there. I know there was a very large dealer in my city but I didn't even bother to talk to them because I heard they had like 40 or 50 orders in front of me.

What was the agreement when you put in the deposit? Do they have an indefinite amount of time to fulfill your order? That seems unreasonable to me. Maybe you should try to have an honest conversation with them. Tell them you can't wait forever and you've been more than patient. If they can't fulfill your order after 6 months I don't see how they can justify holding on to your deposit. Good luck!

tcw495

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order on 12/5 for a Yukon SLT, basically fully loaded, no Duramax though or trailering package, and my dealer confirmed today that I have a TPW of 1/23/23.

duckknot

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. Did your large dealer tell you where you were in their list for a Yukon? Maybe they are getting allocations but you are pretty far down there. I know there was a very large dealer in my city but I didn't even bother to talk to them because I heard they had like 40 or 50 orders in front of me.

What was the agreement when you put in the deposit? Do they have an indefinite amount of time to fulfill your order? That seems unreasonable to me. Maybe you should try to have an honest conversation with them. Tell them you can't wait forever and you've been more than patient. If they can't fulfill your order after 6 months I don't see how they can justify holding on to your deposit. Good luck!
I have been working to clarify where we are in line but now the sales guy has gone radio silent (not the first time that has happened hence the reason I've started looking elsewhere)....I will be sending an email later today requesting information on cancelling our order/returning our deposit should we choose to do that to see if that motivates a response, if not I'll be calling him to cancel everything later this week and look elsewhere!

Unfortunately I'm in the medical field so my ability to call these places and talk directly to people is limited until my days off at the end of the week which slows everything down, but we will get there one way or another!

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Per GM chat today:
The current event code is 3000 and the Target Production week is 01/02/2023, however this is subject to change. Have I answered your questions today?

Christmas is ruined!!! Haha.
Next week will be a month since I posted the above. Per advisor chat today:
"Your vehicle order has been accepted by GMC and is working toward the production process. It is under the event code 3300. I am sorry but we don't have yet assign Target Production Week for the order. Please keep in touch with your dealership for the most up-to-date information, or check back later for a status update."

So not only is Christmas ruined, now I'm depressed that I likely won't have it for our annual February road trip either.:sad72:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next week will be a month since I posted the above. Per advisor chat today:
"Your vehicle order has been accepted by GMC and is working toward the production process. It is under the event code 3300. I am sorry but we don't have yet assign Target Production Week for the order. Please keep in touch with your dealership for the most up-to-date information, or check back later for a status update."

So not only is Christmas ruined, now I'm depressed that I likely won't have it for our annual February road trip either.:sad72:
I would consider this good news. Event code 3300 means that your build has been scheduled so you likely have a TPW but GMC chat can't see it yet. I'd ask the dealer to check with their inventory manager. My order is also at 3300 and I am in the same boat. My inventory manager told me the TPW is 1/2/2023.

As for your February trip, that might depend on whether your trip is in the early or late part of February. You could still make it (depending on many factors of course).

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

a lot of the "larger" dealers will exclude/remove any special orders from being posted online. They have enough lot/website traffic that they don't "need" prospective buyers calling/emailing on sold orders to get more buyers. I say "larger" to reference the dealers handling a ton of special orders. Our last Tahoe we ordered never showed up online and the sales guy said they were making it a point to mark them as sold in their system which kept them from showing up online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme