Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1500 miles on my '23 with Super Cruise. I'm already planning to trade it in for whatever gets Ultra cruise first, either another Yukon, or Escalade.

I feel like for six figures, the rear 2/3rds of the truck just aren't high enough quality.
Interesting - what do you feel like is missing or poor quality?

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the trim seems to be the same as a base Suburban other than the seats and "wood" panel pieces. The buttons on the infotainment and client panels are also entry level. Aside from the Seats and technology, it feels like a base model appearance package.

tcw495

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All of the trim seems to be the same as a base Suburban other than the seats and "wood" panel pieces. The buttons on the infotainment and client panels are also entry level. Aside from the Seats and technology, it feels like a base model appearance package.
I think the hard part is 6 figures isn't as much of a differentiator in price as it used to be. For example, $100k for a truck even 6 years ago was pretty much fully loaded, and now you can spec escalades past $150k. I agree though that often times the differentiator's on the interiors with american manufacturers aren't as much as I'd like to see (don't get me started on the Charger/Challenger/Mustang interiors) and tends to be the imported german cars where you start to see meaningful interior upgrades as you move up the trim levels.

But the imports are smaller and don't have the space I need so I'm happy enough with the GMC interiors at the upper trim levels - but the imports will always my pick for my vehicle that's meant to be driven fast.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Denali Ultimate seems to be adding a few features above a base Denali and pricing right in-line with an Escalade. I don't know feature for feature what's different between the two, but I just did the build and price on an ESV Prem. Luxury and it's right at $101K. The Escalade looks like it gives a much more premium interior - unique dash, door panels, seating, bright trim and carpeted inserts throughout.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the hard part is 6 figures isn't as much of a differentiator in price as it used to be. For example, $100k for a truck even 6 years ago was pretty much fully loaded, and now you can spec escalades past $150k. I agree though that often times the differentiator's on the interiors with american manufacturers aren't as much as I'd like to see (don't get me started on the Charger/Challenger/Mustang interiors) and tends to be the imported german cars where you start to see meaningful interior upgrades as you move up the trim levels.

But the imports are smaller and don't have the space I need so I'm happy enough with the GMC interiors at the upper trim levels - but the imports will always my pick for my vehicle that's meant to be driven fast.

That's changed.

As a BMW fan, GM has taken European cars to school on chassis dynamics. Ford's introduction of the 2024 Mustang Dark Horse will be a favorite among track rat enthusiasts. Less and less people are taking their European cars to the track since the end of production for the E36 and E46 M3s.

rst08tierney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have constraints been lifted on the Z71 Suburban?

Especially looking for info on the Z71 OFF-ROAD package?

If anyone has the constraint link that would be a huge help. Only have the link for the Camaro as of now.

Mozess523

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have constraints been lifted on the Z71 Suburban?

Especially looking for info on the Z71 OFF-ROAD package?

If anyone has the constraint link that would be a huge help. Only have the link for the Camaro as of now.
I ordered a Tahoe Z71 with 6.2 and air suspension in may. Order has not been accepted yet.

TheGrayingTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My local dealer just confirmed my order was accepted:
Suburban, High Country, Diesel, Advance Tech, Air Ride, Power Boards

Went to the dealer on 11/18/22
Order Accepted on 12/16/22

rst08tierney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a Tahoe Z71 with 6.2 and air suspension in may. Order has not been accepted yet.
Its a strange world when the TOP trim levels are pushed out last. My guess is still the Mag Ride and Air Rides very limited.

Did you get the Z71 Off-Road Package?

DurtyKurty

Reaction score
I order Denali XL 3.0 Dmax, max tow, rear ent., air ride, sunroof, power running boards, 22s, adaptive cruise mid june...its built and on its way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts