Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of the "larger" dealers will exclude/remove any special orders from being posted online. They have enough lot/website traffic that they don't "need" prospective buyers calling/emailing on sold orders to get more buyers. I say "larger" to reference the dealers handling a ton of special orders. Our last Tahoe we ordered never showed up online and the sales guy said they were making it a point to mark them as sold in their system which kept them from showing up online
If only all dealers would do that. The dealer down here had one listed that was in transit but turned out to be someone’s special order. The garbage dealers pull these days, price gouging and bait and switch tactics, are reprehensible. The fact that there are people willing to pay a 5-10k markup proves to me that there’s a sucker born every day.

squark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I checked on mine today and am also at 3300 with no TPW. It sounds like several of us will be getting ours around the same time!

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to think the same on large vs small and I'm sure that's true more often than not, but the dealer I have the order through is a large dealer and they aren't getting jack squat from what I can see on the GMC website. We've been waiting 10 months with zero movement on our build....Meanwhile I found another dealer out of state dealer that says they have a pretty short order list and per the GMC website has received several duramax yukon XLs recently, but we put a deposit in with our original order so I have to figure that out before I can explore placing any additional orders with other dealers!

I keep telling myself just to be patient, but we are now 4-6 months past the timeframe we were told an order would take, and we are also a month or two passed the updated estimate we were given to get a 2023 when we transitioned our order to a 2023 back in July. Meanwhile I can't get a straight answer out of anyone associated with GM because no one seems to know what's actually going on. On top of all that interest rates have pretty much doubled from where they were when we ordered, and from where they were in the original timeframe we were told it would take to receive an order.

The whole process is just frustrating....and sometimes I like to whine about it...eventually we will get what we want, it just may be a 2043 model at this rate :cool:

a conversation about if the deposit it refundable or not should be had for sure...even if you went down the path of saying you're no longer in the market due to interest rates/trade in values falling etc...anything to get your $$ back since they haven't been able to get your order accepted...just so you can move on down the road. Or just go ahead and buy one where you can and make the financial decision whenever the other one is built...view it as money lost if there wasn't a refundable/non-refundable discussion made initially and just buy what you can...depending on how you approach the conversation will also have an impact on the outcome as well

rhetorical question - how would they have handled your deposit if you declined to have your 22 order transitioned to a 23?

bwsall1986

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed my order with the dealer on 11/28, they received an allocation on 12/8 and placed the order with GMC on 12/9. However, today I contacted the dealer and cancelled my order.

I'm seeing spy images of the refreshed 2024 Yukon and it's looking like a pretty significant refresh. The lease on my Ram 1500 isn't up until May 2024, so I'm not in an immediate need for a new vehicle. I'm going to keep a close eye on when 2024 orders open up and try to jump on one of those as early as possible.

Until then I'll be lurking the background watching everyone else's updates. I hope you all receive your orders soon!

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order with the dealer on 11/28, they received an allocation on 12/8 and placed the order with GMC on 12/9. However, today I contacted the dealer and cancelled my order.

I'm seeing spy images of the refreshed 2024 Yukon and it's looking like a pretty significant refresh. The lease on my Ram 1500 isn't up until May 2024, so I'm not in an immediate need for a new vehicle. I'm going to keep a close eye on when 2024 orders open up and try to jump on one of those as early as possible.

Until then I'll be lurking the background watching everyone else's updates. I hope you all receive your orders soon!
What are you considering significant? From the articles I've seen, the refresh hasn't been all that dramatic.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you considering significant? From the articles I've seen, the refresh hasn't been all that dramatic.
Its not. Front and rear fascia and some more tech like potentially having super cruise/ultra cruise. I'm sure some more standard features too. It will take it's cues from the 1/2 ton full size trucks that are out currently.

The diesel will get the lz0 which is cool but isn't really a redesign or anything. Just a bit more power and more emmissions controls.

To each their own.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not. Front and rear fascia and some more tech like potentially having super cruise. I'm sure some more standard features too. It will take it's cues from the 1/2 ton full size trucks that are out currently.

The diesel will get the lz0 which is cool but isn't really a redesign or anything. Just a bit more power and more emmissions controls.

To each their own.
I'm curious to see what the interior updates will be. Most of the spy shots so far have been of the exterior of the re-fresh it seems.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Finally got the call yesterday that my dealer got the 3.0 allocation that was holding up my 23 Yukon XL 3.0 Max Tow/Air Ride/Adaptive Cruise. Expecting TPW to be the first week of January-- I've only been waiting at 2000 status since February
Same here, TPW 1st week of 23. 3.0 Denali XL, Max Tow, Air Ride, Sunroof, adaptive cruise.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1500 miles on my '23 with Super Cruise. I'm already planning to trade it in for whatever gets Ultra cruise first, either another Yukon, or Escalade.

I feel like for six figures, the rear 2/3rds of the truck just aren't high enough quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit