Tint on my PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blairian

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No prob!

My regular eye doctor is super cool anyway, had no problem typing up a letter and faxing it to me, he even worded it that having darker tint would help with my medical condition. I think anyone that lives in Texas gets headaches with the dang sun in the summer, lol.

Looks like if you are a LEO you are also exempt from the laws also, but wouldnt hurt to have in the car when off duty.

Never hurts to have it, that's for sure. Just another protection on my end of things. I'll have to get in touch with my eye doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. Hopefully they'll accept a letter from my doc even though he's in Alaska..

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never hurts to have it, that's for sure. Just another protection on my end of things. I'll have to get in touch with my eye doctor tomorrow and talk to him about it. Hopefully they'll accept a letter from my doc even though he's in Alaska..

I would think as long as you are a patient of his, and have been seen by him, it shouldnt matter. The only requirement on the form was it being on his letter head and having his license #/address/phone#.

OP
OP
blairian

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think as long as you are a patient of his, and have been seen by him, it shouldnt matter. The only requirement on the form was it being on his letter head and having his license #/address/phone#.

Works for me. Nice thing is that I can call him right now and he's probably just getting off of work..lol.

Yeah - I really need to get onboard with this. I'm LE and I never even looked into it. Sure, I do have some light sensitivity when it is BRIGHT outside, but hey. That's easy.

I'm going to try to get it done and I'll post back.

Last edited:

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
Nice truck...I have 5% all around. 50% on the windshield....5% brow that I reckon is about 5in down. Love the darkness in my truck. Just makes me feel more secluded from the outside.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you had to pay for the tint on your patrol vehicle? Must be nice to be able to ignore the ignorant tint laws. The legal 30% or so on the fronts is a joke, it is like not having tint at all. Before moving to Texas I always kept 5% on all of my cars. How is backing it at night with the dark tent.

U2SLOW4ME

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So....how will you go about getting inspected? If I read this right, this is your personal vehicle, but the tint exemption is for vehicles maintained by an LE Agency. I bought a PPV for my personal also, but just tinted the fronts 35% and all others 5%. I think I need to find an eye Dr. that would give me a letter.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
35 on the windshield it doesn't affect seeing ability at all for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320