Tinted front windows - Can it get removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at a used 2021 Escalade Platinum and it has tinted passenger and driver windows. I’m wondering if that’s from factory or if it can be removed. I didn’t see an option in the configurator.

Does anyone know whether it can be removed and how easy / difficult it is to do it? Thanks

E_S_D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front driver and passenger windows are not factory tinted (other than a very light tint that's part of the glass). If you don't want to remove aftermarket tint yourself, any window tinting place will remove it for you for about $35.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tint shop can remove it but why would you want to? Who wants to drive a fish bowl?
I’m only talking about passenger and driver side in the front. I want it like it came from factory as it’s too dark inside. I’m living in an area with winter… I’m getting depressed if it’s too dark lol

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m only talking about passenger and driver side in the front. I want it like it came from factory as it’s too dark inside. I’m living in an area with winter… I’m getting depressed if it’s too dark lol
Its easy to remove as I have removed a few. Just peal back a corner and pull it off in one sheet the take some windex window cleaner and spray it down let it soak for about a minute then get a straight razor blade and scrap the window using the blade on an angle to get the glue off. Don't postion the blade straight up put it on a angle like using a putty knife. If you can get a rag and put it in between the inside rubber sweep and the window so the glue snot wont get inside and everytime you open and close the window you will have glue streaks on the glass.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Now that we're talking windows I figured other things which are very odd.
Would you please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think what that could be and/or how to fix it?
I assume it falls under factory warranty as the car is still in warranty until October.

1. - there's like a frost pattern on the windshield in the right bottom corner (passenger side)
2. There's a rubber that comes off from one of the rear windows
3. It also looks like one of the front head lamps got replaced as there's this blue stuff and it doesn't fit 100% anymore.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5296.jpg
    IMG_5296.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 10

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Now that we're talking windows I figured other things which are very odd.
Would you please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think what that could be and/or how to fix it?
I assume it falls under factory warranty as the car is still in warranty until October.

1. - there's like a frost pattern on the windshield in the right bottom corner (passenger side)
2. There's a rubber that comes off from one of the rear windows
3. It also looks like one of the front head lamps got replaced as there's this blue stuff and it doesn't fit 100% anymore.

What do you think?
Walk away from that vehicle it looks like a aftermarket windshield and the lament is separating on the windshield plus that vehicle was not taken care of abused or wreaked, run from it. And from your other post about the tires almost bald and dry rotted. Don't buy it.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had it in shop where I put my cars in for regular maintenance and they said overall it‘s a decent car. They couldn’t help much with the window questions but yeah… not sure what to do now. Aftermarket windshield is a problem because I would need a new one down the road?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23