Tinted/Smoked Taillights....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for my 98..

I recommend you sell it to me for next to nothing:Handshake:, lol. I like the stance with that wheel and tire combo, very nice. As far as the tails go, are you looking to smoke them or get new ones smoked? If you're thinking about smoking the ones you got, I'd say go for it, but not extremely dark, imo. But expect to get pulled over if you do.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude it looks pretty damn good. To be honest I think the only thing I would do is remove the steps and repaint or por15 your frame. Looks sweet as is.

OP
OP
Rossbar

Rossbar

Reaction score
I recommend you sell it to me for next to nothing:Handshake:, lol. I like the stance with that wheel and tire combo, very nice. As far as the tails go, are you looking to smoke them or get new ones smoked? If you're thinking about smoking the ones you got, I'd say go for it, but not extremely dark, imo. But expect to get pulled over if you do.

HAHAHAHHA, thanks... I'm not selling this one, too hard to come by these days..

I'm looking for replacements that will bolt on nice and easy, and not get me pulled over..

OP
OP
Rossbar

Rossbar

Reaction score
Dude it looks pretty damn good. To be honest I think the only thing I would do is remove the steps and repaint or por15 your frame. Looks sweet as is.

Thanks Ben.. I'm planning to get the frame painted sometime in the next few months..

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your style? Black housings with smoked lens, chrome housings with smoked red lens, chrome housings with clear smoked lens, etc.

OP
OP
Rossbar

Rossbar

Reaction score
What's your style? Black housings with smoked lens, chrome housings with smoked red lens, chrome housings with clear smoked lens, etc.

I'm planning to go with a darker tint on the back windows, so I think black housing with smoked lens would probably look the best. something like the first set in the link above that Dustin sent.. Now you got me thinking about getting pulled over, so not sure how dark I can go..

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rossbar

Rossbar

Reaction score
The first ones are actually chrome with smoked lens. They look pretty cool when lit. Btw, black housings won't be as bright as chrome housings -
same ones but cheaper with a third brake light-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...its=Year:1998|Model:Tahoe&hash=item1e67426b2a
-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...its=Year:1998|Model:Tahoe&hash=item2a1440c205

Yeah, looks like the same, but better price (except for the $30 shipping).. These should fine, I might give these a shot.. Thanks man..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968