Tinted Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Any1 have their entire windshield tinted? I have a 5% sunvisor but want to get the whole windshield tinted 35% as well. Any one have any pics/suggestions?

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't tint your windshield legally. You'll have a hard time finding a reputable shop that will do the job... unless you say it's a "show car"

dmerk1978

Reaction score
i have my windshield tinted, at 70%, i went ceramic, which in return is more efficient than 5% metallic and i won't be sweated by the cops...look into 3m ceramic window film, luckily i'm in southern california, and we have places like premier protective films, magic film and stm around here. i actually went 70% all the way around and you cant even tell on the front windshield, it's seamless...downside is ceramic is way more expensive that metallic but IMO ceramic is the only way to go...plus you get no interference with cell or am signals

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

you can't tint your windshield legally. You'll have a hard time finding a reputable shop that will do the job.

yes you can

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my windshield tinted, at 70%, i went ceramic, which in return is more efficient than 5% metallic and i won't be sweated by the cops...look into 3m ceramic window film, luckily i'm in southern california, and we have places like premier protective films, magic film and stm around here. i actually went 70% all the way around and you cant even tell on the front windshield, it's seamless...downside is ceramic is way more expensive that metallic but IMO ceramic is the only way to go...plus you get no interference with cell or am signals

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

yes you can

Might've wanted to specify here in Texas... Can't tint below the AS-1 line (or 5 inches, whichever is less)

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Well in Cali your not allowed to have any tint on the front windows or its like nothing below 70% and I tinted my 5% and never had any problems yet :ehcapt: And thanks for that picture im definitely going to get it tinted.

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea I got my entire windshield done at 20% send me your email and i can send you video i did that for dwdrummer. I have some pics of it in my album it looks really dark but its not all that bad as long as you got hid's you'll be good.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure have it tinted before you put on the inspection and registration stickers, that is an easy way for a cop to see it is if he looks at the stickers and they have the tint overtop of them, he will know for sure.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have mine tinted at 35% and will have all future cars done! and yes it is illegal and took a while for me to find a shop but i havent had problems yet... (knock on wood)

long time ago
tahoe2.jpg

more recent
IMG_0463.jpg

ill get some inside ones later...

OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
make sure have it tinted before you put on the inspection and registration stickers, that is an easy way for a cop to see it is if he looks at the stickers and they have the tint overtop of them, he will know for sure.

In Cali we dont have an inspection on our vehicles and no registration stickers on our windshield. And anybody have any prices I should expect to pay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog