to replace or not to replace shocks.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superman9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a long time. My question is how can you tell shocks are bad or not on. I have bell tech nitros2 in the rear and are maybe 2+yrs old. Front are street performance maybe 1yr old. Help would be appreciated

SBK RACER

Reaction score
How does it ride???

You are probably used to them performing like they do. Because they go bad ever so slowly. Usually, you will only know how bad they are until you ride on new shocks...

Quality Shocks last about 50,000 miles... If you have cheaper shocks probably 25,000 miles...

If you have big, HEAVY wheels, it will wear your shocks faster, as the shock has to control more load, (weight) at every bump...

If you can afford it, get better shocks you can get... Decent suspension helps, traction, tire wear, braking, comfort, etc, etc...

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Well said. The ntro 2 shocks were junk before they were ever installed. Can't imagine putting up with them for two years. I've never had good luck with Belltech shocks but some guys seem to like the street performance versions.

Mike

OP
OP
superman9

superman9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I first installed the nitros they rode good, but now it's a bit bouncy and sound like they bottom out? This is my first lowered truck so still new at this stuff. I like how the front feels with the sps. What about springs? How long do those last?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have a few minutes pull the rear shocks from lower axle mount and see it you can compress it easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby