Too Lazy to Fix...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: What does your ride needs to be fixed

Good thread Sumo.

Front windows Sounds like nails on a chalkboard when lowering. Fix..nothing, tried lube tracks but wont go away.

This. My Suburban does this first thing in the morning. :(

Also have a rattle in the back seat. Also a rattle that sounds like a panel is loose in the rear headliner. Looked but everything is tight.:banghead:

Hey Blackedout........ I just put in vleds in there. See pictures at the last few pages of my build.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver side window does the nail scratching sound like sumo's. Drivers side power fold mirror motor quit working and I have a rattle in the back that I can't locate and drive me nuts lol.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear hatch door handle broke. Fix-need new door and handle

Have an exhaust leak on the driver side header. Fix-new gasket and sand down flange

Windows make nails on a chalkboard noise. Fix- heard its because the clips in door come loose?

Change oil lights is on. Fix- get off my lazy ass and do an oil change lol

Mirrors shake so much you can't focus on something. Fix-turn down the bass lol but thats not happening.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: What does your ride needs to be fixed

What is the cure for the screaming windows?

diamondbackjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a reverse light out and i'm honestly just too lazy to fix that since it's not necessary. and i need to tighten my belt tensionor pulley...it squeaks upon starting.

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger mirror stopped folding. My stabilitrak light is on. I keep getting the service tire monitor service notice. I think that's about it. Plus I need some stock 20's. I hate my 17's. But I guess that's not really a mechanical issue.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please change the title of this thread to........... What I am too Lazy to fix.:cheers:

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of us Know about things that needs to be fixed, but has not had the time, money or it dosent bother us that bad to have it fixed but annoys the hell out of others?

Front windows Sounds like nails on a chalkboard when lowering. Fix..nothing, tried lube tracks but wont go away.

Pass front Ball joint Creek. Im actually goona replace them soon with Moog greasable joints.

THIS! I think I have something in the track, a small rock or something. I notice it goes away when I have it washed. Drives me CRAZY in the drive-through.

I just need new belts because they squeek on a cold start but other than that nothing.

Yup.

Small rattle inside pillar between driver front and rear door.. Becomes annoying once you listen for it.

Belt squeak during cold start. Been warm in Dallas lately so not much of a problem anymore

X2

I need to figure out where this load metal on metal noise is coming from on the rear of my truck when i go over big bumps of hit pot holes, then fix it lol...

I need one of my pullies changed since i also get the squeeky noise on cold start...

x2

Please change the title of this thread to........... What I am too Lazy to fix.:cheers:

Co-signed.

My list is a little longer:

My hood tells me it's open when I turn corners or more recently, when I put my turn signal on. It is not open. All connections are good and the latch is tight. Lord knows what delightful problem this is a symptom of. Also, on occasion, it makes a low, almost muffled horn noise at the same time it tells me the hood is open.

I need a new AC belt.

It dumped water all over the driveway last week and while I thought it might be condensation, it's too cold for that, so I think I cracked my windshield washer fluid reservoir. It is now telling me it's low. Figures.

The rattle in the door next to the dash, on the drivers side, and all the damn door locks that rattle on heavy bass songs.

Sometimes autostart doesn't engage right, it turns on for 3 seconds then kills the engine, activating the alarm. My neighbors love me.

Sometimes, not all the doors lock when I lock them.

I need brakes and my brake fluid needs to be topped off. I'm 6K over on my 50K maintenance.

I still have a clunk in my rear.

It needs detailing and I need to get the bumpers touched up. Oh and while we're compiling a list of shit we need to do, I also want Denali 20s.

Talked to my neighbor yesterday, they have an 09, which is identical to mine and they have the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. Isolated electrical issues my ass.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score

I second this. Screaming windows happen only when it's cold. But in summer it doesn't do this

How about this one? I'm too lazy to properly do the tpms relearn procedure after rotating tires? Lol.

Last edited:

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front windows Sounds like nails on a chalkboard when lowering. Fix..nothing, tried lube tracks but wont go away.... yup... done it since new... i hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyCoates12