Too much bass, body flex and rear door vibration. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people just prefer cosmetic over functionality. I will never understand why.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

To each his own, but cosmetically I don't feel that's the best option either. I'm more of a make it function well, THEN make it pretty kind of guy myself. I did it with 12 8's in an extended cab below the window, it can be done with that setup.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i gave up trying to get my rear view mirror to stick.

OP
OP
C

Concept

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Subs are so high because they are actually sitting on top of the seats, this is due to me moving in a month, didn't want to take the seats out then pay to move them, once I get in the new house the seats will be removed and the subs will be on the floor like they are supposed to be. Interesting about sub direction though, thought port direction was what mattered. Anyways thanks for the advice all, and yea the mirror is going to be a pain, so much weight on that small area of contact haha

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
yea i had a new windshield in and told the guy to make sure it stuck good..well i let it set up and dry for a couple of days before i turned up the system...wasnt to long after it fell again. I said to hell with it lol.

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subs are so high because they are actually sitting on top of the seats, this is due to me moving in a month, didn't want to take the seats out then pay to move them, once I get in the new house the seats will be removed and the subs will be on the floor like they are supposed to be. Interesting about sub direction though, thought port direction was what mattered. Anyways thanks for the advice all, and yea the mirror is going to be a pain, so much weight on that small area of contact haha

Both play a roll in position, but currently your setup for the worst possible scenario. All your pressure doesn't come from the port unless it's a bandpass. Additionally you're back wave is out of phase from your front wave. There may be an echo you don't realize you have till you fix it.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take the video..... play it slow and it will show you the actual movement causing the vibration.... you will be surprise how much give is actually in a piece of glass and sheet metal.... this will give you and idea of what steps may be possible next. no matter where the subs are located this would be one of the steps i take.

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a box in my 07 Tahoe. The subs are inverted facing up and the port to the back.

09Hoe

Reaction score
I actually have my subs facing up, subs and port both 15's should that be alright? I was considering just flipping it and face them forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968